Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Shock treatment to spur in heel

Posted by Norma on 7/06/04 at 22:10 (154693)

I am in the 8th week following ESWT treatment and have had no relief. Is this successful with everyone? I am now wearing a type of boot that stretches the toes back towards the ankle to bed everynight and when I am sitting. I guess I'm impatient but the pain has been almost unbearable at times.

Re: ESWT Shock treatment to spur in heel

Dr. Z on 7/06/04 at 23:30 (154701)

I like to tape the foot and or place a slipper cast on the foot until this period passes. Talk to your podiatrist or orthopedic doc about a slipper cast. The pain should stop almost completely with a slipper cast. Or tape the foot is another method

JonQ on 7/08/04 at 17:37 (154878)

Norma
I'm with you with the pain. I had the same treatment done in May. I have been in two walking cast since the ESWT. Well, I guess I'm impatient too.
I'm trying to be patient but its not working for me. I am not able to work. So, what are we going to do? I need help is there an yone out there who can give me some advice.

JonQ

Dr. Z on 7/08/04 at 17:43 (154879)

Hi

I would have your foot re-evaluated to make sure that you don't have a stress fracture, and any nerve entrapement.

JonQ on 7/09/04 at 08:28 (154908)

Dr.Z
Thank you for your response. I will ask my doctor about that info.
The only thing I have a problem with is the doctor. He told me that heel pain is not caused by my occupation. I'm on my feet all day long. My question is 'how can my foot heal if I'm on it?' I'm getting frustrated with the whole situation. I have done everything I was told to do.
Maybe I need to get a second opinion.
Thanks,
JonQ