Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To: Place and Goose

Posted by John from MN on 7/07/04 at 11:24 (154740)

After being treated by Dr. Sandell, do you now understand why all the textbook treatments for PF like, night splints, casts, injections, release surgery, ESWT are just a band-aid approach and never fix the real problem.

All the conflicting information on this web site can become overwhelming but once you have a paradigm shift in your thinking about PF like we have had, you easily see why other treatments fail. The answer to everyone's questions out there in terms we can understand is you must first break apart the tissue in the PF through TFM, then realign it through a technique like Graston, stress the tissue through walking/running and let it heal back to normal, and restore the normal movements in all the muscles/tendons through stretching. It's that easy and works 99% of the time. Ok, treatment is painful but other than that its easy. It just seems so obvious to me now.

Re: To: Place and Goose

Place on 7/07/04 at 12:08 (154757)

Right on, John, right on!!!!!!

Elyse B on 7/07/04 at 12:47 (154760)

thanks John, I am still wondering if there is any other doctor in the United States who has hit on the right combo like Dr. Sandell. Otherwise we will all be in Minneosta at some point and Dr. Sandell will need to expand his practice.

Elyse B on 7/07/04 at 12:52 (154761)

what about orthotics? Does Dr. Sandell suggest those?

John from MN on 7/07/04 at 13:02 (154762)

Yes, he suggest Foot Levelers.

Marty from SLC on 7/07/04 at 13:13 (154763)

All I have to say is THIS IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE to all of you out there who suffer from chronic pf otherwise dr sandel would be a candidate for the Nobel prize. Man I'm really having a hard time with these posts. How can this be?????? How can this be???????

Come on out there people some one out there with chronic pf has got to get to this guy and put it to a real test. John h, get your but over there !!!! LOL

Sorry I just had to let it out

Elyse B on 7/07/04 at 13:27 (154765)

I think that John from MN, Place and Goose have chronic PF.

Elyse B on 7/07/04 at 13:29 (154766)

are those custom?

John from MN on 7/07/04 at 14:13 (154769)

Yes.

John from MN on 7/07/04 at 14:17 (154771)

Marty,

To date Dr. Sandell has seen Place, Goose, Bill and now some guy from Michigan and some girl from Paris France is flying over to see him. Keep you eyes posted for these people to tell you about there experience.

Marty in SLC on 7/07/04 at 17:13 (154794)

I do and will John keep my eyes peeled for these post. I have just seen the same kind of post about ART, etc. Time will tell, and if I'm wrong and I hope I'm wrong I will be the first to eat my words and apologize to everyone. I just want to keep it all in perspective, so many differant views here on this sight.

Marty

John from MN on 7/07/04 at 17:37 (154795)

I use some ART in treatment but its just one part of the puzzle in getting better. I do not care about being right, getting cured from PF is the only issue and I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Marty in SLC on 7/07/04 at 19:32 (154811)

good point John, thanks

John from MN on 7/09/04 at 09:36 (154920)

The answer to your question is that the training in all the medical schools teach a specific resolution for PF. Until the schools start changing, all the doctors to follow will have no idea on how to fix the problem.

Dr. Sandell's mentor was Dr. Hills from the Northwestern Chiro School in Bloomington MN. Dr. Hills taught his students the right way to fix many ligament/tendon and muscles problems.