Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Physical Therapy

Posted by john h on 7/08/04 at 11:02 (154851)

I am about 3 weeks into my PT for PF. I have about 3 more weeks of authorized treatment but am really not showing any noticable improvement so I think I will terminate the therapy and save the insurance company the money. I am glad I have done this because he has given me some what I believe some worth while stretching exercises and motivated me to do them on my own. The therapist also said if it is not producing some results by all means just do the exercises on my own. I think some of the stretching i am doing might better be done with the Foot Trainer so I may go back and use it as directed. One of the things that still remains high on my list of something that has helped is Birk Airizona Sandals. Over time they are a proven commodity that you can use every day with no effort. Some people hate and some love them but a newbe to PF sure should give them a try. It may take you a week or so to get used to them and I do not recommend 2 or 3 mile walks in them but for just your every day walking they have worked for me to reduce pain level.

Re: brik's

Marty from SLC on 7/08/04 at 12:42 (154856)

thanks John I have tried brik's and did not like them and I have been wondering if they were better suited for women since many more here who are advicates seem to me to be women so I'm glad to see the do work for men. Maybe it has to do with size and shape of the foot. I don't know.

Re: Physical Therapy

Dave M on 7/09/04 at 09:18 (154919)

PF didn't work for me either, in fact, the weight bearing stretching was detrimental. See my post below on 6/28/04 for what DID work. I don't understand all of this bowing to the 'Stretch God' like it's some sort of magic cure. I have a friend who has stretched so much he can bend his foot almost up to his shin and he is now has developed, with the help of cortisone, what I would consider chronic PF and is very painfull. Good luck.

Re: brik's

john h on 7/09/04 at 10:04 (154926)

Marty I wear my birk sandals to work as often as not. in fact i have them on as i type. when you tried the birks did you wear them for at least a month? when I first bought a pair I hated them. threw them in the closet where they languished for a year until one day my feet were really hurting and i thought i would give them another go. once i became accustomed to them they are hard to replace. have you tried the 'soft bed' airizona. the soft bed may just make the difference????? The German site they are half the cost of in the U.S. with free shipping.