Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Goldstein at Foot Freezer

Posted by Darlene on 7/09/04 at 17:44 (154999)

Today I spoke with Dr. Goldstein who has the website footfreezer.com. He said that his success rate with neuromas is 100% (he's done 30 so far). He said that there is no downside and his patients are pain free in 3-5 days. One treatment only is the norm. Apparently this procedure is also being used for tts as well. After having unsuccessfuly nerve release surgery in January, I am very careful now. I'm sure there are many more questions I should be asking.

Has anyone had experience with either freezing or alcohol injections?

Re: Dr. Goldstein at Foot Freezer

Marty in SLC on 7/09/04 at 23:28 (155018)

hmmmm, i wonder if this doctor is the only one in the us to have this machine?

Dr. Z on 7/10/04 at 01:24 (155021)

Hi

I am certified and trained with this procedure so if you have any questions please feel free to ask me any questions about this procedure. I have done about five procedure for various nerve problems including neuroma. I have also worked with Dr.Goldstein. I trained with both Dr.Goldstein and Dr. Trescott. There are about five to ten machines in the USA. I am told that the company that is distributing the cryostar is Healthtronic which is the same company that distributes the Ossatron, ESWT device

John from MN on 7/10/04 at 08:39 (155024)

Dr. Z

How does freezing the fascia break up scar tissue and heal PF? It was unclear on his web site how this is accomplished?

Marty in SLC on 7/10/04 at 09:24 (155031)

Do you know if this will work on TTS? Is it permanente?
Marty

Dr. Z on 7/10/04 at 11:06 (155048)

Good questions. Cryotherapy is used for sensory nerve treatment. It is my opinion John MN that it can't do this, and shouldn't be used for plantar fasciitis unless you can clearly identify a senory nerve assoication such as the plantar medial nerve. I have seen cryotherapy usef for strictly pf with good results but AT THIS time I am not able to logically explaine this so I can't reommend this.

Dr. Z on 7/10/04 at 11:10 (155049)

Most cryotherapy isn't permenant due to the re=growth of the nerve covering. The average time is one year. There are cases lasting longer. As for TTS. This is area that at this time I don't feel comfortable doing.. Why? This nerve is both motor and sensory so you will lose TEMPORARY motor function for what I am told is for weeks maybe a few months. I REALLY like the Cryotherapy for this approach but I still need to see this procedure in the flesh before I could recommend it . Maybe Dr. Golstein has more information and you can contact him. What has Dr. Z really excited about this procedure is for the treatment of Diabetic Neuropathy and that is the area that I am studying and concentrating on.

Marty in SLC on 7/10/04 at 11:38 (155051)

That's great that you are so cutting edge DR Z! I do have PN but not Diabetic thatnk goodness! Keep up the great work it does make a differance!

Pauline on 7/10/04 at 15:14 (155058)

Is this the same treatment Monte was having done?

JudyB on 7/10/04 at 20:14 (155071)

Dr Z, anyone around in the Sacramento California area that will do this procedure for neuromas?

Re: Dr Z

JudyB on 7/10/04 at 20:17 (155073)

Oh my God. This is so sad. I wish my father was here, he had neuropathy and suffered pretty bad with it. He had passed away last year.

I hope you have success in treating neurapathy. You seem very dedicated at your work.

Dr. Z on 7/10/04 at 20:19 (155075)

no

JudyB on 7/11/04 at 15:55 (155117)

Marty, have you ever tried the infra-red therapy?

Marty in SLC on 7/11/04 at 22:00 (155140)

No, I have heard that the sucsess rate isn't that high. Boy the outside of my foot from my little toe to my knee is really buzzing tonight!

john h on 7/12/04 at 11:24 (155169)

I have. It did not work for me. I sent the unit back ($275) after 30 days. It did do some deep heat very well but had no effect on the pain level.