Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel

Posted by Gal In Pain on 7/10/04 at 22:24 (155083)

Two and a half years ago I broke one of my sesamoid bones which required surgery to remove. Since then, I have had nothing but pain in my right foot and have had another surgery as well. Recently I was diagnosed with tarsal tunnel. It is clearly stated by the neurologist that I have this problem plus nerve entrapment on the bottom of the right foot yet the doctor I recently have seen says he doesn't believe the results from the EMG are correct. Anyone have any advice on this? I have seen about 6 drs so far and haven't gotten any pain relief so I welcome all comments.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel

wendyn on 7/11/04 at 19:00 (155132)

Gal, why doesn't your doctor believe the results from the EMG are correct. Can you have them read by someone else?

Re: Tarsal Tunnel

Jen on 7/20/04 at 15:24 (155935)

A lot of times, the results of the EMG are not correct. That was my case. The EMG came out normal, but after 5 or 6 years of pain, i just had my surgery on July 2nd, and sure enough, EMG results were wrong!