Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Low Level Laser Therapy vs ESWT Dr Z & Dr Davis

Posted by John Martello on 7/14/04 at 06:38 (155369)

Helllo,

I would like to know if i am causing harm to myself after trying LLLT for FHL TEnosynovitis I''ve had for 10 months. I am trying to avoid surgery and after 2 treatmeents of LLLT I've had increased symptoms of pain. I was told this is normal, but i am starting to question it. The chiroprator that is offering it told me a treatrment of 10-15 is sufficient for results and i said 'for what your pocket' I am spending $30 a session.

My other question is I understand ESWT is not effective and also dangerous if one has a TTS or nerve entraspped. Is LLLT the same as ESWT in the fact that it can cause problems with tts? It is claimed that it can treat Carpal tunnel, tendonitis, sports injuries etc, I'm just wondering if i may do more harm than good.

Thanks

Re: Low Level Laser Therapy vs ESWT Dr Z & Dr Davis

Dr. Z on 7/14/04 at 07:56 (155371)

John,
I would contact BayShore ESWT Clinic in Toronto. They have used this device for years post ESWT. They may be able to answer you question.

Re: Dr Edward the great Davis

John Martello on 7/14/04 at 18:27 (155453)

Please advise me on my initial question regarding lllt VS eswt

Thanks

Re: Dr Edward the great Davis

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/14/04 at 18:36 (155456)

John:
Laser is focused light and low energy laser is just use of laser with a very low energy. It is not clear to me how such a modality would be effective. Sunny Jacob of Pain Free Clinics (formerly of Bayshore) uses it in conjunction with ESWT and may be able to offer an explaination of why and how it works. He is more likely to find you on the ESWT Board.
Ed