Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes for a waterpark

Posted by Dave M. on 7/14/04 at 16:19 (155440)

Hi folks, I am going to go to a waterpark in Florida within the week. I'm a little nervous about wearing any other shoe. I've been wearing New Balance 1122's with a biosole gel orthotic. Well... I'm 99% pain free currently thanks to those shoes after a little modification. I know that I would ruin the 1122 if I have them on in a waterpark all day so I'm looking for ideas.

I have been reading through previous threads that recommended birkenstock sandals, however, I have only wore sandals on few occasions in my life and am very uncomfortable in them. I feel like they are going to fly off my feet when I walk. I think what would work better for a waterpark is those 'swimming shoes' with some type of support in them.

Any ideas?

thx in advance(I leave for vacation in 3 days)

Re: Shoes for a waterpark

Dave M. on 7/14/04 at 16:25 (155441)

Details, I have a very high arch and plantar fasciitis. I also over-pronate.

Thx

Re: Shoes for a waterpark

Nick, C.Ped on 7/15/04 at 01:54 (155486)

Dave,

If you can find a local store that carries them, I know of a Co. Called Bite Footwear, they make sandals that are very supportive alone or will accomodate the orthotic or insole you wear now.

Very neat/weird system ... worth checking out.
Nick, C.Ped