Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne,

Posted by Dorothy on 7/14/04 at 23:28 (155480)

How is your daughter doing?? (the younger daughter who had the accident...)

Re: Suzanne,

Suzanne D. on 7/15/04 at 14:16 (155545)

Thank you for asking, Dorothy! She's doing well; in fact she's sitting in my classroom with me right now, getting ready to leave to drive to where her Youth Theater performances of 'Guys and Dolls' are being held.

The 56-member cast opened with the show last Friday night, performed again Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. They had a little break, then rehearsed yesterday and perform again tonight, tomorrow and Saturday nights. I haven't missed a performance yet and hope to attend every one. The rest of the family goes once or twice, but I just want to be there each time! During the first show, if she is on the stage, I am only watching her. Then in subsequent shows, I began to watch the other kids as well. :)

About three weeks ago, the orthopedic dr. said she could stop taping her broken toes as they were healing nicely. When I reminded him about Youth Theater dancking(which we had asked about from our first visit), he said, 'Oh, then keep taping!'. So she has and seems to be doing well other than one night when the tape came loose and she couldn't reapply until intermission. She said she went to the bathroom and cried because of the pain, but I was watching her closely and never could tell she was hurting while she was performing. That episode scared me, but she said after she taped them securely the pain went away. And she has been fine since then. She had to 'fake it' for the first few weeks of practice and learn the routines without putting too much stress on her toes. That took determination, so I am proud of her.

Well, that's probably more of an answer than you needed, but thanks for asking anyway!

Suzanne :)

Dorothy on 7/16/04 at 18:45 (155652)

I love 'Guys and Dolls' - I was in it myself once upon a time, also 'Fiorello', 'Fiddler on the Roof' and a number of other musicals. I was mostly in non-musical plays and performances, though. Still love musicals.

Dorothy on 7/16/04 at 18:47 (155653)

I love 'Guys and Dolls' - I was in it myself once upon a time, also 'Fiorello', 'Fiddler on the Roof' and a number of other musicals. I was mostly in non-musical plays and performances, though. Still love musicals.

CLICKED THE BUTTON TOO SOON. SORRY.

I'm glad to hear your daughter's doing so well. Sounds like she has a lot of grit - and talent - so you have many reasons to be proud of her, eh?

Good news.