Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

noisy orthotic

Posted by susan o on 7/15/04 at 06:51 (155490)

Have recently begun wearing hard plastic type orthotics. The things seem to be helping the fasciitis. However, the noise is really getting on my nerves. The stupid things make a scrunching noise with every step I take. It seems to be from the edge of the orthotics rubbing the edge of the shoes. I've been shopping for shoes lately. There seems to be noise with virtually every pair I've tried on. Anyone have any suggestions? It's driving me nuts!

Re: noisy orthotic

Julie on 7/15/04 at 08:00 (155492)

Susan, hard orthotics do tend to be noisy. Try a bit of talcum powder: it may do the trick.

Richard, C.Ped on 7/15/04 at 09:27 (155501)

Talc or baby powder rubbed on the bottom works. Just this morning I put on my new Brooks with my orthotics and there was the squeek squeek squeek. I rubbed hand lotion on the bottom and it went right away. A cool little trick of the trade.

Nick, C.Ped on 7/15/04 at 12:12 (155533)

Baby powder seems to be the industry standard, If it still doesnt work let us know what types of shoes you are trying on with these orthotics.

susan o on 7/16/04 at 15:13 (155624)

Okay, thanks. Tried it and it seems to be working. At last! Peace! sheesh it was embarrassing walking through the library....