Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Not Bio-mechanical...2nd Request

Posted by Vern S. on 7/16/04 at 15:57 (155633)

Sorry to be a pest. This is the same post as last week.
Am hoping someone has time to respond this week. My main question is whether I should continue exspending my resources seeing more medical profesionals with an expectation of getting an accurate diagnosis. Thanks.

Not Bio-mechanical & not Nerve, so what is it?
Posted by Vern S. on 7/08/04 at 14:32 View Thread
After a 2 month wait I got a thorough exam (NCV & EMG) from a veteran Neurologist today. His conclusion is the cause of the pain is not nerve related.
I was referred to him because the DPM concluded it was not bio-mechanical.
Would appreciate any general thoughts, and comments on his parting two thoughts:
1. Maybe it is related to muscle cramping, or
2. Maybe ankle instability, and consider wearing boots.
Backgound: 2 1/2 years of pain and burning in varying parts of both feet.
No first step pain, rather worse as the days unfolds. Thanks.

Re: Not Bio-mechanical...2nd Request

Terri on 7/17/04 at 09:25 (155673)

Vern,

I'm not a dr. but in reading your post I see some similarities to those of us who suffer with TTS (Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome). It's not unusual to receive a negative result on your NCV or EMG and still have TTS.

Like you, I suffer with the cramping, burning on the bottom of my feet that increases the longer I'm on them, and I've always had 'weak' ankles. You may want to pop over to the TTS message board and see what others there are posting. And you definitely should consider seeking medical help if you're still in pain and don't have a diagnosis.

Re: Not Bio-mechanical...2nd Request

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/18/04 at 00:11 (155728)

Vern:
We are not ignoring you. But without an exam, we are just throwing around speculation. We have very little concrete information to go by to this point. You may need to see another practitioner at this point.
Ed