Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron first week of august Couple ?'s

Posted by Lori S. on 7/17/04 at 01:01 (155666)

I am traveling to Idaho for treatment (since insurance wont pay and I am sick and tired of pain, withdrawing money from retirement). Thus I havent even met the Doc yet, though they are sending me information. I have a consultation with him August 2nd to go over my local Pod records, xrays, etc, examination by him. I do know they use the Ossatron. Since insurance will turn it down (already tried once), they do have a reduced rate. Both feet, surgery center, doc, anestesia $3000. What I am here for is a couple ??'s
--Should I plan to be off my feet as much as possible after? and for how long?( I know I have to continue stretching, etc, found that here)
--Am I going to be in pain afterwards? I am guessing its not a pleasant procedure considering they are knocking me out to do it. Right now I live in pain, and with pain pills...
--Should I stop taking anti-inflamitories before this procedure? (thats a scary thought too)
--Anything I should be asking the doctor about prior to having ESTW?
--How long could I expect there to be pain afterwards? I am supposed to be going to state fair with my daughter (2 weeks after ESTW) and its 3 days of being on my feet, course I guess there are ways around that... lol. (a wheelchair?)I guess if I had to..

I am kind of scared. I have not responded to any type of treatment and we have tried almost everything with the exception of night splints. As time goes on ...... they hurt worse. Most nights I cant sleep. Throwing the hat in tho, at this point theres not far to fall, lol, I have crawled around my house..as many others here I am sure!....guess I just have to have faith.
Thanks in advance for any answers....
LoriS.

Re: Ossatron first week of august Couple ?'s

Steve G on 7/17/04 at 11:10 (155682)

Lori - if you are going that far north or if you live in the northwest, I would strongly consider going to Canada. Many people here in the Seattle area go to the Sonocur center in Vancouver. You can get it done for a lot less than $3000. You would have to stay for a few days, but it might save you money.

Dr. Z on 7/17/04 at 11:25 (155684)

You can also receive Sonocur treatments from Dr. Ed

MARK L on 7/17/04 at 16:39 (155695)

Cindy,

Please e-mail me @ (email removed) regarding your pending Ossatron ESWT treatment

Lori S. on 7/17/04 at 19:09 (155717)

Thanks for your comment. Right now I am ready to cut my feet off. I realize its cheaper in Canada. But enough that its worth it? Hotels, meals, etc. Plus travel. I live in rural Northern Nevada on I-80. The reason I chose to go to Idaho Falls, is that my parents live there.
Tho, I am beginning to wonder why more people seem to be treated with the Dornier...

Re: Dr. Ed.....

Lori S. on 7/17/04 at 19:12 (155718)

Where is Dr. Ed.... and how much are all the fees for ESTW?.... I realize I can probably search this on here......but I have to go at the moment and cook dinner............. maybe he will email me... (email removed)

Thanks,
Lorinda

Lori S. on 7/17/04 at 19:17 (155719)

Thanks Steve,
With hotels, travel, meals, etc.... still cheaper? BTW, I dont do airplanes...well,,, maybe if they drug me. LOL. Tho,,,, if it meant my feet feeling better I might consider getting on an airplane.
Its humid here in the desert today,,, I couldnt imagine being in a really humid climate.... think it would kill my feet.......
Hope your day is good, and thanks,
Lorinda

(email removed)

Re: Dr. Ed.....

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/18/04 at 00:16 (155729)

Lori:
I have emailed you.
Thanks.
Ed

Janice N on 7/18/04 at 16:01 (155772)

Then you wouldnt like Texas. It is high 90s and heat index 110.And the humdity would choke a horse. I had to help a friend take her dog to the vet yesterday.
It was six blocks away. We drove. She was on oxygen and doing the driving and I held the dog. It was so hot and humid we could hardly breathe just going to the car. If my feet weren't a nightmare along with the pain in th rest of my body it would have been cooler to walk. Canada sound good to me right now.
Good luck to you. This is week 12 post ESWT for me.