Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DR ED and dR Z and WAnder please

Posted by John Martello on 7/17/04 at 21:36 (155723)

IS ther any type of brace you could reccomend for chronic FHL / FDL tenosynovitis with tibial neuritis? CAn i buy it online?

What is tibial neuritis and how can it be effectivley managed or treated?

Re: DR ED and dR Z and WAnder please

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/18/04 at 00:06 (155727)

John:'
Braces can be a mixed bag. Some could potentially help like the Stromgren figure of eight type brace but certain things about braces can be problematic such as the direct pressure they can place o nthe area. Have you tried the orthotics with the modifications I had recommended?
Ed

Re: DR ED

John Martello on 7/18/04 at 09:04 (155742)

Dr ED,

I did try the orthotics with the first ray cut out and the pedoerthist put a heel foam piece on the inner side bottom of the heel of the orthotic to supposedly alleviate turning my ankle inward (pronation)? , but this has yet to provide even a hint of relief. I also been trying the low level laser therapy at a local chiropractor and have had 4 treatments of 20 minute sessions and this has seem to aggravate the area.

I am at wits end with this and i've had it for 11 months now and am only 32 years old and do not want to live like this. It is effecting the way i act and quality of life. I cannot walk around with the family and i hate to be the center of attention all the time but i feel it constantly.

I had a Podiatrist say mhis surgery is 80% succes with not an aggresive tarsal tunnel release and tenosynovectomy of the fhl/fdl tendons.

I had 2 orthopaedics one who says it is about 50%, while the other says unpredictable to put numbers on it.

A neurologist reccomened that i take a consistent nsaid , and give it more time because he feels the NCV test resultsshow minimal irritation to the post tib nerve.

I am at wits end do you have any other suggestions tha tcould help me?

What is Tibial Neuritis?

Re: DR ED

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/18/04 at 10:18 (155746)

John,

I agree with Dr. Ed that may braces could potentially aggravate your existing problem. I haven't been real active on the board lately, so I don't recall the information you've provided on other posts. You may want to consider a consultation with Dr. Dellon in the Baltimore area. If you do a search --A. Lee Dellon, MD you will find out about his practice. He is a plastic surgeon that has been specializing in surgical treatment of nerve pathology. I'm not sure if this has already be suggested to you, but if it hasn't it may be worth your time to check it out.