Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

recent TTS dx, need some "fast" advice

Posted by lilly on 7/18/04 at 16:35 (155776)

I recently had a TTS diagnosis after PF for years and am awaiting a second opinion but at the time of the appointment, had to wait 3 months to get in. My concern is, my health insurance will be changing or i may have a month without it. I'm worried the new one wont cover pre-existing condition, and or the coverage wont be good. I had a nerve study and foot Xray. Treatment has been anti-inflammatory med and tried casting for rest and recently got new orthotics. What should i ask for in the 4-5 weeks i have left with this insurance? The ortho that diagnosed me recommends surgery (hence waiting for the second opinion). I tried several times to get into the 'second opinion' doctor without success. Should i ask for an MRI?? trying physical therapy?? anything else??? My regular ortho or primary care would probably order what i ask if i have good reason why... thank you.

Re: recent TTS dx, need some "fast" advice

John King on 7/18/04 at 17:09 (155778)

Don't and I repeat don't rush into surgery for this rare and unusual disease of TTS. If the doctor screws it up you will be a very sorry patient. Do I have an Amen?

Re: recent TTS dx, need some "fast" advice

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/19/04 at 09:04 (155812)