Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by John from MN on 7/19/04 at 14:22 (155843)

Can you feel where your scaring is on your fascia?

Re: To:Pete

Pete on 7/19/04 at 15:34 (155858)

Difficult to say precisely, not sure how bumpy they should be ? My wife hasn't got pf and hers feels bumpier than mine. Does scar tissue show up on an MRI ? Don't think it does ?

John from MN on 7/19/04 at 15:56 (155859)

No, an MRI does not show scar tissue. If you know how to feel for scar tissue it would be easier for you to go to a doctor with PF experience and interview him/her to see if they can TFM the scar away. Thats the first thing I would do in my opinion. Elyse tried to do that and all she got was a lot of BS from the doctor so you have to find the right one.

Place on 7/19/04 at 16:46 (155872)

I think over time everyone gets some amount of scar tissue. I had my Graston Doc check my a part of my knee for it and she found if but she also found it else where.

John from MN on 7/19/04 at 16:56 (155874)

The problem is a domino effect. Once you start getting a little scar tissue the fascia becomes less elastic. Every time you feel burning the fascia is tarring more. For me it started tarring at the heel and eventually worked its way to the ball of the foot.

Your Graston doc should be able to fix some of the scarring. TFM is needed most of all.

john h on 7/19/04 at 18:02 (155879)

Scar tissue without a doubt shows up on an MRI. I have had back surgery and on at least three MRI's years after the surgery the Radioliogist notes on his written report the presence of scar tissue and pointed out to me its exact location. I still have these reports. I do not know about the foot but it does in the back.

john h on 7/19/04 at 18:06 (155880)

Among other things small bumps in the foot could be calcium deposits. They tend to form in all parts of the body as we age. I do not know if you could tell the difference between a calcium deposit and scar tissue by feel. Men also develop calcium deposits on their prostate gland and almost any organ in the body.I think calcium deposits are also common in women's breast.Small bumps in the foot you feel are not necessarily scar tissue.