Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ladies,Ladies Ladies?

Posted by john h on 7/21/04 at 08:53 (155957)

Yesterday I read in U.S. Today that women are now getting injections into the fat pads of their forefeet so it will be less uncomfortable to wear the high stilleto shoes. Since it only cost $400 to $500 per injection depending on what substance they use (3-4 injections per trip) and last a whole 9 months maybe this is a great deal. Now, form this mans point of view I thimk these high stilleto shoes look silly and certainly not sexy. When I see these very high heels I cannot help but remember Minny Mouse with her exagerated shoes. Then again I do not know why ladies wear such shoes? Is it for men, other women or themselves?. Since they have the injection because they have less pain when wearing these shoes I assume they must have some good motivation. I doubt any of you ladies with PF would be wearing these puppies.

Re: Ladies,Ladies Ladies?

Dorothy on 7/21/04 at 10:46 (155969)

Experts on this board can speak more definitively on this than I, but it always seemed to me that Minnie Mouse's shoes were not properly fitted. They seemed to be much too large for her little mouse-foot. Aside from that, I always thought they were very cute. Minnie did not wear a particularly high heel, maybe 2-inches, and the shoe had a nice rounded toe with apparently plenty of room in the toebox (as we call it...)
The black shoes and the nice polka-dot dresses, big hair-bow - hey! you're ready for some peanut butter!

I saw that article, too, John H. and thought it was disturbing, from any perspective. Your question, 'why' is key. I can pose a long list of possible answers to that question, but I'll spare you. Anyway, I'm in a rush...I've got to get my polka dot dress ironed and black pumps polished. I'm ditchin' Mickey and goin' out with Mighty tonight and it's a big night ahead!

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/21/04 at 15:57 (156006)

John:
I don't know who is doing the injections. Sol Balkin, DPM of Glendale, CA is doing research on injections of silicone under the balls of the feet. he claims to be getting good results. He may have a long ladder to climb due to all of the prior controversies surrounding its' use. I certainly would not like to see it used for cosmetic purposes.
Ed

Nick, C.Ped on 7/22/04 at 03:39 (156028)

I agree dorothy, upon my visual examination i have come to the conclusion that Minnie Mouses' shoe fit is indeed not functional. It is obvious the shoe is much too large a size in respect to width and length.

Seeing that poor mouse foot makes me wish disney could draw a C.Ped

P.S. If it means anything...In retrospect i think the polka dots should be smaller, LOL!!!

Re: Ladies,Ladies Ladies? Dorothy

Janice N on 7/22/04 at 07:00 (156033)

Okay as long as those pumps had low heels. Not that I ever owned a dress with poka dots but you know I think navy dresses with a small white dots on it still looks nice. lol Regards to Mighty. Janice

Re: Ladies,Ladies Ladies? Dorothy

Kathy G on 7/22/04 at 08:20 (156038)

I always aspired to have legs as skinny as Minnie's and a husband as compliant as Mickey. Back in my college days, several of my pothead friends had voices that sounded oddly like Donald Duck's!

All that aside, the lengths some women will go to for the sake of fashion it has never ceased to amaze me. I remember girls in school who used to iron their hair to make it straight because it was the style. One friend got a serious burn on her face from doing it but she continued. Teetering along on high heels, most without backs, is the rage right now and I suppose as long as there are people who are dumb enough to be willing to undergo surgery in order to facilitate their desire, there will be unscrupulous doctors willing to take their money.

It has been my finding that most of the time, women dress for women. I have never known any men who like these types of shoes. If they even notice them, they think they're funny and can't imagine why anyone would be stupid enough to wear them.

john h on 7/23/04 at 09:31 (156109)

Injections into the feet to wear stelleto shoes???ouch ouch ouch. I would not do that even if it would get me a date with Brittney Spears,Dorothy or Kathy. In the Miss America bathing suit contest I always thought the girls looked goofy with high heels and bathing suits. I guess I am just out of it because I always thought ladies looked much nicer in heels no larger than 2' and actually look sort of nice barefoooted. Watching my wife put on heels over the years and then hear her complain about her feet hurting when we went out made no sense to me. You ladies tend to be vain when you are young (that should bring some rocks my way). Dress for comfort girls and your beauty will shine through. .

marie on 7/23/04 at 12:22 (156125)

Ladies look best in Birkenstocks. I have had enough shots in my feet to know that I never want another one....ouch.

Janice N on 7/24/04 at 06:57 (156180)

Okay John. How do you like the sweatsuit and tennis shoes look for women? haha
I have never been able to wear high heels. I could sprain my ankle just looking at a pair. I bet I never wore a pair of shoes with over an inch or so heel.
My ankles were just too weak.

Janice N on 7/24/04 at 07:01 (156181)

They are coming out with some nice looking Birks. As I posted before I watch them on QVC. They have come a long way in making different styles of shoes.
My pair of Arizonas I am breakng in. I thought this is going to take a long time. But them feel good in my arches really quick. I was really surpised how wide the shoes are. I can see where these shoes really work for some and not for others. I hope I am a success story.

john h on 7/24/04 at 09:47 (156192)

Hey Janice I like the sweat suit and tennis shoes look. I immediately know who ever is wearing this outfit that we have at least one thing in common and we have not even met. I was in Starbucks yesterday and a young woman about 20-25 came in with a pink mini skirt about 12' long and she was covered with tattos from her toes to her head (legs,back,arms, you name it) and yes she had on stilletos. I did not look to see what she was riding but if she had on different shoes I would suspect a Harley Hog.