Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A doctor please reply to my post dated 20 July:"MRI showed nothing.."

Posted by Niels on 7/22/04 at 06:57 (156032)

Re: A doctor please reply to my post dated 20 July:"MRI showed nothing.."

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/22/04 at 18:01 (156080)

If the MRI truly reveals that 'everything' looks OK, you have to first make sure that the radiologist or your doctor are well versed in reading musculoskeletal MRI's. Many times a patient does have continued pain, despite 'normal' findings on an MRI. If an MRI does not show any obvious pathology, it does not mean that your pain is not real. There are conditions that do not appear on MRI. However, I would expect to see some changes on your MRI following 2 ESWT treatments, since ESWT does cause an inflammatory response. You may want to take a copy of the MRI to another doctor for a second opinion.

Re: To dr. Wander

Niels on 7/23/04 at 02:29 (156094)

Thanks for your reply.

The last Eswt was made about 1 year ago and consisted of 3 sessions low energy treatments (like the first one). Do you think the inflamation caused should be seen after so long time ?

The radiologist who took the mri told me that many of the pictures were very 'shaken' bacause i wasnt lying still enough during the takings. However, the doctor made no comments on that and just declared everything to be normal !?

Do you know if it would be possible to send the the pictures via email ? would it be possible for you to look at the pictures (of course against payment) ? If not, can you recemmend another doctor ?. After 5+ years with pain i really need this clarified. My email adress is: (email removed)

Re: To dr. Wander

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/23/04 at 21:26 (156169)

If you let me know the state and city you live in, I may be able to help recommend someone in your area. Sending the MRI films via email can only be done by some facilities. The films can be placed on a disk and reviewed. Find out if the MRI facility can make a disk of the flims. However, if the films are of poor quality due to movement, you may be better off with new films.

Re: Again to dr. Wander

Niels on 7/26/04 at 05:43 (156246)

I have been i touch with the Doctor and he said that the pictures are ok.

The hospital will send me a CD rom with the pictures.

I dont live in USA, but in Denmark. Nevertheless, I could email or simply send the CD to you or anyone else that you refer me to.