Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John MN, Place, Goose - Trying to learn how to feel lesions?

Posted by Marty in SLC on 7/24/04 at 18:41 (156215)

Where does Dr S. feel for lesions?

Does Dr. S. massage the heel spur area? (This can be really tender and cause flare ups)

How often does he do the sessions?

How long do they last?

Also,

Does anyone know how to feel the lesions in the fascii?

Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.

Marty

Re: John MN, Place, Goose - Trying to learn how to feel lesions?

John from MN on 7/24/04 at 19:13 (156216)

Dr. Sandell has developed a very fine sense of touch that he can feel torn fascia, muscles and tendons pretty much anywhere. He has done TFM all over the bottom, side of my foot. He did not learn this overnight. He has spent years learning to do this. He started out by taking a human hair, placing it under a sheet of paper and rolling the hair back and forth.

I know you would like to do this yourself but thats like trying to fly a helicopter your first time out.

Re: John MN, Place, Goose - Trying to learn how to feel lesions?

goose on 7/26/04 at 11:19 (156271)

Hi Marty,

When I first started I wondered about teaching myself too, but I soon realized that isn't very realistic. There is no way I could use that type of pressure (that's the nice word) on myself. Often I jerk my foot away in pain while he hangs on to it digging in. TFM is really best done by a professional since it is so intense. I hope you can find someone near you!

goose