Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for Dr wander and davis please

Posted by John Martello on 7/26/04 at 14:37 (156277)

Dr davis,

They make tennis elbow straps, achilles tendonotis strap, patella strap, do you know if there is such a strap for Flexor hallucis/digitrom/ longus tendonitis strap and who sells them?

Re: Question for Dr wander and davis please

Tanveer Asghar on 7/26/04 at 16:18 (156287)

I have been told that my nerves have been trapped from scar tissue resulting from surgery of the plantar fas. I also have a lot of heel pain and pain along the side of my foot. I have been dealing with this pain for a long period of time and I would appreacite any kind of suggestion you can give me. Thank you.

Tanveer Asghar on 7/26/04 at 16:49 (156292)

would TP also result in my heel area top have some sort of burning sensations and throbbing???

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/26/04 at 17:22 (156293)

John,

I am not aware of any OTC strap that is marketed for FHL/FDL tendonitis. Any strap that puts pressure on the tarsal tunnel (where these tendons run), has the potential to put pressure on the tibial nerve therefore causing compression problems.

kiki on 7/26/04 at 23:15 (156317)

I woke up and I could not walk without excruciating pain. I have
not had an injury, not overweight, and don't know what happened.
It has been three weeks now and cannot walk barefoot, and teva sandles
are the only shoes I can wear. Both feet are involved,but one is more
severe. HELPPPPPPP

Re: Kiki - symptoms just started

HelenEC on 7/27/04 at 07:20 (156323)

Hi Kiki

Stupid question but have you done what I did and recently before the onset of symptoms bought a pair of shoes with a radically different heel height to your normal footwear, which you have worn regularly, perhaps to work. Or has your work pattern changed in the last month before the symptoms, so that you were standing longer, or not standing at all, or standing on a different floor surface (I'm from England, and can walk for miles over rolling grassy downs, but 800 yards on a city pavement does my feet in).

You should read Scott's heel pain book which is on the site and very helpful.

Helen