Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

severe foot pain for a year and a half with no relief

Posted by Paula M on 7/26/04 at 18:54 (156301)

I would like to know if there is anyone who has severe plantar fascitis and spurs for this length of time and if so have they conquered this problem or are they still in pain? I have tried everything except for shockwave therapy only because I live in Sydney, NS and the only area that offers if this therapy is in Ontario. If anyone has had success with this problem please let me know and I will try. I am desperate, I work in a hospital in housekeeping and the floors are killing me and for once I have a job that I can actually say I love (without the pain of course), so I do not want to give it up but at the same time I feel I may end up in a wheelchair and I'm only 35. I don't know what else to think because that is the kind of pain I am in. Any suggestions would be tried and appreciated. Very bitter over this problem now please help!!!!

Re: severe foot pain for a year and a half with no relief

John from MN on 7/26/04 at 19:07 (156303)

Most everyone on this board already knows what I am going to tell you. Several of the people have gotten fantastic results from transverse friction massage. Read my postd and Dr. Sandell's about fixing your PF for good.

stacyg on 7/26/04 at 19:26 (156304)

I'm having pain in back of heel on left foot, The pain is usually on the outter side of the foot and generates up the back of my leg. I work in yhe nusing feild so I'm on my feet alot. After I sit for awhile when I stand up the pain is real intense in the back of the heel. What could be causing this pain that happens every day?

John from MN on 7/26/04 at 20:47 (156313)

The burning pain you are feeling is the taring of your fascia and tendons. Your legs are way too tight and need to be stretched.