Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

where does the scar tissue go ???

Posted by dez on 7/27/04 at 09:12 (156331)

I've been contemplating all these new massage therapies -- since I KNOW I have a decent amount of scar tissue on both of my feet. My doctor wants me to get surgery, but I wanted to try ART before going that route.

My question is -- say they DO locate the scar tissue and/or calcium deposits with the vigorous massage, and they are able to break it up -- WHERE DOES IT GO ??? My doc says it can travel throughout your body, and that's probably NOT a good thing ...

So, for anyone that has had ART or any other massage therapy that has worked -- what did they say about the scar tissue ????

Thanks !!!

Re: where does the scar tissue go ???

John from MN on 7/27/04 at 09:40 (156334)

If you properly break up the scar tissue you simply realign it in the proper direction. In a few days that area feels much better and the burning feeling goes down signifcatly.

BLT on 7/30/04 at 11:09 (156542)

????????????????????????????can you show me some mri,radiograph or any study that supports that? It is simialr to the make up of your ear cartilage, you cant reshape it by rubbing it

John from MN on 7/30/04 at 11:14 (156547)

The fascia does not show up on an MRI. I will bet you a million dollars that you can break up scar tissue and realign it, thats what the doc did for me. If you want I will show you my foot. Read Dr. Sandells post of soft tissue healing phases and you will understand what he is talking about.

john h on 7/30/04 at 11:19 (156550)

John from MN I think you are mistaken in that the fascia does not show up on an MRI. I recently posted a URL with an MRI of the foot. Looking from the side the fascia was clearly shown and identified as such.

john h on 7/30/04 at 11:50 (156555)

The following is directily from the Merck Medical Manual:

MRI can demonstrate thickened fascia, the increased signal intensity in the superficial muscle fibers correlating with the inflammation.

john h on 7/30/04 at 11:52 (156556)

John once again the fascia does show up on an MRI. It is a medical indisputable fact.