Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ALL WHO SEE DR SANDELL - YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!!!

Posted by Marty from SLC on 7/29/04 at 12:26 (156449)

I just talked to Dr SANDELL for like a half an hour and let me tell you, this guy is on to something!!!! I really doubt I can find anyone here who has remotely the experience in soft tissue mobilization/healing. It didn't seem out there at all if you know what i mean. Nothing magical about his concepts that's for sure more along the lines of stuff that's been around thousands of years but with modern names and additional insight due to technology advances. Something that doctors today a far from.

I was really impressed to say the least and couldn't believe he took the time to explain it to me.

Re: ALL WHO SEE DR SANDELL - YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!!!

Elyse B on 7/29/04 at 13:21 (156453)

I will say again and again, why is he the ONLY doctor who is onto something? It boggles my mind that there is no other doctor in the entire United States who can do what he does. I know there have to be somewhere. Marty, do not kid yourself though, Dr. Sandell has been practicing for only 2 years so he does not have THAT MUCH experience. Understand I am not putting him down nor am I saying that he is not special, there HAVE got to be others that do what he does. And if he is the only one in the U.S., then he is going to be a multi-millionaire in a very short time.

John from MN on 7/29/04 at 13:46 (156454)

You have to see him in action before you can make any comments about his level of experience. Results are the only issue and he delivers results.

Dorothy on 7/29/04 at 14:24 (156456)

Marty -
Personally, I think you should trust your own 'gut instincts' - for most of us, they are usually good guides to what is the right thing to do.

I have no personal experience with Dr. Sandell or with anyone who practices these techniques, but the idea that there can be a practitioner who has special or unusual talents, techniques, or knowledge is not without precedent. When I was a young person, I can recall early days of heart surgery and the name of Dr. Christian Barnard being spoken of in almost 'hushed' tones - he was THE guy then in that area of expertise. He trained others as time went on. The fact is that in ANY field there are people who stand out from the others, even with similar educational and experiential backgrounds. There is the term 'gifted' that may apply.
I have no idea, none, if Dr. Sandell is one such person or not, but I do know that it is POSSIBLE. Some people care a little more; some people have more sensitive hands or eyes or ears or whatever pertains to the issue at hand; some people are - well, gifted. If he is such a person, then we are all lucky to know about him and those who can see him are lucky to do so.
Even if he 'just an ordinary' doc/chiropractor/practitioner who happens to inspire confidence and hope, there is nothing wrong with that. I think the hopelessness and despair and cynicism that can infect a person's spirit and attitude can undermine as much as the actual pain.
I hope this works out well for you, Marty and that your guy is the Utah version of Dr. Sandell.

Elyse B on 7/29/04 at 14:57 (156458)

I am not saying that John at all. All I am saying is that he CANNOT be the only one in the world who does TFM the right way. I am also saying that he only has been in practice for 2 years which in reality means he does not have that huge amount of experience. Again I am not denying he gets results but this Board has to know that he cannot be the only one in the world he can do this.

John from MN on 7/29/04 at 15:08 (156459)

I do not think he is the only one in the United States who can properly perform TFM, its just very hard to find someone at his level. They are out there, they are just hard to find.

I think his total TFM experience is 4 years. Understand he banks at least 30 hours a week in my estimation of TFM, where some doctors may only do that a year. Do you want to go to somebody who does TFM daily or just one or twice a month? If its my body I am going with the best.

Elyse B on 7/29/04 at 15:29 (156460)

We are definitely not disagreeing John.

John from MN on 7/29/04 at 15:50 (156461)

I agree, it would be great if there was a Dr. Sandell in every major city.

Dr. Z on 7/29/04 at 16:02 (156463)

Any chance as a professional that he would allow Dr Z to come to his office and observe his technique for the day. I am always willing to learn and improve patient care.

Dorothy on 7/29/04 at 16:03 (156465)

I think this an excellent idea!

Pauline on 7/29/04 at 16:25 (156468)

Dr. Z,
Why not just call him and ask? I don't understand why you'd need the approval of people on heelspurs to call Dr. Sandell about his technique or any other information you desire from him.

As a professional contact him directly.

Pauline on 7/29/04 at 16:40 (156469)

I don't think Dr. Sandell is the only person that can perform TFM. What I think is like the P.T. that worked on me this particular treatment helped and they both developed their own techniques to make it work.

The important thing is that no other condition such as TTS was involved because I belive TFM would certainly add acid to that fire.

I think people have to shop around for treatment centers. How many people shop physical therapy places and interview the P.T's. How many walk away and try other centers in the middle of their RX because they don't feel like they are making any progress?

My contention is although people want to be cured they are often content to continue with poor treatment and they are afraid to speak up.

Marty from SLC on 7/29/04 at 16:47 (156470)

Dr Z,

I don't get it?? I have never talked to any practitioner of any kind, I personal know one myself, have know him for years and he really doesn't have a clue. All I have to say is maybe there are other ones out there who are doing the same things as dr sandell but don't open up about it thinking it over our heads. This was clearly not over my head and I'm in no way an educated person. It seem crystal clear to me while on the phone with him. Never have I heard it put in that perspective. 'Deep tissue mobilization', 'laying down and aligning new tissue' and treating it not as inflamation..... was really interesting.

Dr. Z on 7/29/04 at 16:59 (156471)

I could call him. I am so use to using e-mail and or using this site for conversation. I didn't realize that you though I was looking for approval.

John from MN on 7/29/04 at 17:02 (156473)

Its a real paradigm shift in your thinking isn't it Marty, I did not believe it at first but after a few weeks of treatment it started to sink in.

It is do different than what the medical community teaches. But just ask Place and Goose about their experience and they will tell you it works and makes perfect sense.

Place on 7/29/04 at 17:35 (156474)

I thought it all made good sence at first but as I got the treatment I cared less and less on the how and why. He could tell me he got his gift from beings from another planet and that would be just fine with me.

Pauline on 7/29/04 at 21:22 (156483)

Isn't that the truth.

Dorothy on 7/29/04 at 23:37 (156494)

It's ok, Dr. Z. I thought it was a nice idea that you had. Let us know if you pursue it further, will you?

Dorothy on 7/29/04 at 23:39 (156496)

People don't always know what is poor treatment and whether they are receiving it or not. For example, a number of the treatments discussed here are painful at one time or another; it might be difficult to assess whether that is 'good pain' or 'bad pain' and to differentiate it from poor treatment. And not everyone has multiple good options for any medical care at all, let alone deciding if the care they are getting is the best they can get.

Re: Dr Z

Julie on 7/30/04 at 01:10 (156500)

I was very glad to see your post: I have been waiting for you, or for one of the other doctors, to show some interest in this discussion and in this treatment. I can't speak for Dr Sandell, but I can tell you that when, say, another yoga teacher shows interest in what I do, I welcome their coming to observe me. I would call him and ask him and arrange something. Then you can come back to the board and share your experience and your impressions. I'm sure everyone will be listening.

John from MN on 7/30/04 at 07:00 (156505)

I could tell the difference between good pain and bad pain. Good pain is a dull pain you feel from treatment. Bad pain is sharp and is near a level 8 or above.