Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

female runner recovering from foot surgery for plantar fasciitis

Posted by AndyC. on 7/29/04 at 23:38 (156495)

Hi, Could someone share if you've had surgery for this(plantar fasciitis.) How long did it take to recover before you could run again? Any advice for me.
Many thanks to whoever writes back. It's been 4 months and no running,
I've got to RUN!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Ms. Andy

Re: female runner recovering from foot surgery for plantar fasciitis

raymond m,l. on 7/30/04 at 09:08 (156516)

im at 2 month out of open planter release im still in pain mostly in morring then it gets a little better i now know i have a intraped nerve from surgery scare tissue ill be getting a shot in 2 weeks to breck up scare tissue i can walk a mile but ill pay for it it seems to be getting a little better each day i now know it could take 6 months to get better doc said at first 1 month if you need to talk im at
(email removed)

Les on 7/30/04 at 14:53 (156580)

I just had my 5 week checkup after surgery and my doctor told me I could go back to my normal activities. I walked before so I'm about to start that up again. I'm still pretty stiff first thing in the morning but only for a few minutes then I begin to loosen up a bit. I wouldn't say I'm back to normal but I do feel my progress has been good. I was told to keep massaging my incision site with vitamin E oil to help with the scar. I hope this helps?

Terry D. on 8/01/04 at 20:25 (156738)

What kind of shot are they going to give you?
Not to scare you but the last thing you need is scar tissue which may cause tts. See John from MN posts concernign Dr. Sandell from Minneapolis. He can break up your scar tissue.
Best of luck,
Terry D.