Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Wander , and DAvis please... re:Neurontin

Posted by John Martello on 7/30/04 at 19:11 (156610)

Is the medication neurontin for burning, tingling, type pain nervy pain or is it used for just tenderness and constant pain as in my case, which i do not have numbness or tingling.

Thank you

Re: Dr Wander , and DAvis please... re:Neurontin

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/30/04 at 19:14 (156613)

Neurontin typically is used for nerve pain; the burning, tingling variety you mentioned. If it has been prescribed, you could view it as a test. If it helps, that implies that TTS is a factor but if it does not help, that reinforces the case that TTS is not a factor and that the nerve should not be released.

Re: Dr Ed Davis

John Martello on 8/01/04 at 13:24 (156705)

I did try neurontin for a month with 200mg per day. It just seemed to make me tired. It was used as a test for tts as you previously mentioned. With no success or relief my doctor took me off it. I have been taking lexapro for 6 months and my doctor just presribed me Bextra 10mg and i have been taking it for 1 month and notice an increase in pain for my diagnosis of FHL/FDL tenosynovitis Tibial neuritis.

If it is not TTS as ruled out using neurontin , then why doesn't the BExtra work if it is tendonitis????

Also I think i may havre asked you about an ARizona ankle brace custom made that a DPM suggested before trying surgery. Isn't the arizona just for post tib tendonitis and can it help or is it prescribed for FHL/FDL tenosynovitis as in my case?

Thank you so much for your constant advice and expertise.

Dr. Z on 8/01/04 at 13:30 (156706)

I like the Arizona Brace Idea. It can support and reduce and or stop motion with all of the tendons on the medial side of the foot. Any reason why you didn't go with the brace. It makes sense

Re: Dr Z

John Martello on 8/01/04 at 13:35 (156707)

Dr Z

thanks for responding.

I am going to go for the arizona brace and was wondering if YOU have ever prescribed it for FHL/FDL tenosynovitis inner ankle pain with weightbearing?

Also how much does the brace cost out of pocket? I looked at the arizoan website and there are 3 kinds of braces. Which one would you reccomend and can the brace cause compression on the tarswal tunnel region????????

Re: Dr Z

Dr. Z on 8/01/04 at 14:16 (156710)

I have used this brace for post tib and inner ankle pain ie deltoid ligament pain. The needs to be custom made by a cast impression by a podiatrist and or a C Ped. The cost is anywhere from 4-6 hundred dollars.

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/02/04 at 14:07 (156769)

Unless I'm crazy, I believe that you've asked about the Arizona Ankle and I gave you a pretty detailed answer a few message boards ago.

Re: Sorry John, wrong patient

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/02/04 at 14:10 (156770)

Sorry John,

After reviewing some old message boards I realized that it was another patient asking a similar question regarding the Arizona Ankle.