Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel and Plantar Fasciiatis

Posted by Lisa on 7/31/04 at 20:06 (156675)

I've had pf for about 1 1/2 years and have continued to get worse. I have bone spurs in both feet. I worked out a lot which we believe is the cause. My doctor had me take a emg nerve test and I am also positive for Tarsal tunnel. I have had 3 sets of cortisone shots, custom made orthotics, antinflammatory, ect.... Are these related? Who should I see? I'm sick of being in pain and more sick that I can't work out any more. Any thoughts?

Re: Tarsal Tunnel and Plantar Fasciiatis

carmen on 8/01/04 at 06:01 (156696)

Plantar fasciiatis and tarsal tunnel syndrome can be corelated. Plantar fasciiatis is the inflammation of the plantar fascia. Some new tissue formed after inflammation and results in adhesion around the tarsal tunnel, reducing its tunnel size and compress the nerve inside the tunnel. You probably can seek help from physiotherapists. They can help you break down the adhesion there and TTS will be solved.

Lisa on 8/01/04 at 15:43 (156713)

Hi, thanks for your message. That is who gave me the test. He said he was going to talk to the pod and they will figure something out. I still have pf. I can't touch my heel w/o it hurting. especially where the tendon goes to the heel.

Lisa on 8/01/04 at 16:02 (156715)

What is a physiologist?