Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Twitches

Posted by Claire on 8/01/04 at 07:32 (156697)

Hi. I am 4 months post op and have had twitches stemming along my arch and into my 4th toe for the past 3 days. I have been alot more active as i've been moving house. Has anyone else experienced this after the TTS release operation? Many thanks.

Re: Twitches

chrisb on 8/03/04 at 09:46 (156818)

Claire do you mean nerve twitches or muscle twitches? Last summer long before my surgery I used to get twitchy cramping along my arch and big toe after I was on my foot more than usual. It lasted a couple of days. I assumed that was overstressed muscles -- and you mention you've been more active lately.
I haven't had this since surgery, but I've been trying to build up my foot muscles very carefully.
take care.
chris

Mona on 8/06/04 at 20:27 (157110)

Yes, I am 8 months post op TTS. I wake up two or three times a night with twiching and spasms in my feet and legs. Haven't been sleeping much.

Called my family doc today and he has put me on an over the counter pill of magnesium. If that doesn't work after two weeks I have to go in and see him.

I try to remain positive. I'm just thankful I can walk! Luckily I'm retired.

Good luck and the best to you.

Mona

Darlene on 8/06/04 at 22:03 (157115)

Do you still have pain when walking? What was the cause of your tts? What does the doctor who did the surgery say about the twitching and spasms?