Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nerve test

Posted by raymond m,l. on 8/01/04 at 10:35 (156700)

i now have a intraped nerve via open planter release im 2 month out of surgery i went to my primary care doc he said never let a DPM do a major surgery such as pf surgery so he is sending me to a orthopedic surgent now who can and who should give me a nerve conduction test im confused please help im getting pt from dpm twice a week and im massage up to 4 time a day to help with any scare tissue

Re: nerve test

Dr. Z on 8/01/04 at 11:19 (156701)

While a nerve conduction test is helpful for assisting a diagnosis of nerve entrapement a physical examination is more precise along with history and experience.
Have you been told you have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome or entrapement of your posterior tib nerve ? Two month is a very short time for any type of plantar fascia release. Some if not all of your pain could be normal heeling.
There are standard treatment that should help if not relieve a local nerve entrapment if this is what you have.
Your primary care docotr should be sending you to a neurologist for nerve conduction testing not an orthopedic surgeon. Go back and ask him to send you to a neurologist for Nerve conduction testing.