Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Kathy-Nomar

Posted by john h on 8/01/04 at 13:03 (156704)

Well Kathy Nomar is in a Cubs uniform today and I am pumped and ready. The game starts on national TV in 15 minutes and he should receive a great reception. Goodbye Boston hello Chicago.

Re: Kathy-Nomar

marie on 8/01/04 at 16:38 (156723)

OK who is Kathy Nomar?....sorry I'm not a baseball fan but always willing to learn something new.

john h on 8/01/04 at 19:16 (156729)

Marie: Normar G. is one of the great baseball players around. He has been a Boston Red Sox player his entire careeer and a favorite with all the Red Sox Fans which I think includes Kathy. I am a life time Cub fan and Nomar was traded to the Cubs yesterday. In baseball world and Cub world that is like finding a cure for PF. This has to be a sad day for Kathy.

Kathy G on 8/02/04 at 09:04 (156749)

Well, John, I'm actually not a huge baseball fan but since both my children are, and I live so close to Boston, I have to know a bit about the Red Sox! And it was a sad day for the fans when they traded Nomar Garciaparra to the Cubs. He was very popular with the fans, especially the children. And since he played here for nine years, for someone like my daughter who's twenty-three, he's been a Red Sox player since she started to really follow the game.

From what I can gather from the newspaper and the television stations, he hasn't been getting along with the Red Sox management for a long time. When they tried to trade him for A-Rod, who wanted no part of Boston, it just made him less content to be here. He was accused by the media of babying his damaged achilles tendon just so he would be tradeable. Well, DUH!, of course he did. They made it clear that he was expendable and he wanted to be marketable.

He was very active in many Boston charities and gave much of his time and money and he will definitely be missed for that. Ted Williams claimed that he was one of the best baseball players he had ever seen and that was high praise.

Maybe he can do for the Cubs what he couldn't do for the Sox and finally win them another World Series! You guys won yesterday and the Sox lost.

For the ladies, one of the more interesting things about him is that he is married to Mia Hamm, the soccer player who's on her way to the Olympics. Imagine the athletic ability their kids will have!

john h on 8/02/04 at 11:33 (156756)

Kathy I had no idea Nomar was married to Mia Hamm? He got a standing ovation every time he came to bat yesterday. He was flawless in the field making some good plays and drove in an important run with a hit. I noticed he called for the ball after the hit as he wanted to save it. He will be a baseball God in Chicago and the Cubs are averaging 103% of capacity attendance. I know he went to Georgia Tech but do not know where he is from. The stands were full of signs welcoming him. Next big project will be to sign him as his contract runs out at the end of the year. I think he turned down a 5 yr $11 million dollard contract from Boston so he is not going to come cheap

john h on 8/02/04 at 12:22 (156761)

that was 5 yrs at $11 million 'a year' contract.