Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Patinets on this board with TTS , have you ever tried Cold Laser Therapy?????

Posted by John Martello on 8/01/04 at 13:40 (156708)

I have heard that cold laser therapy was good for carpal tunnel,tendonitises, and other sports injuries and it is not invasive. I have gone to a chiropractor who has offered it to me for 3 weeks 3x a week for 20 minutes and I do not notice any success with it as many other people have had good results with this.

I have paid $30 a session which cost me so far $240 and it seems to be a SCAM so I was wondering if anyone else tried this and what was there outcome like.

Re: Patinets on this board with TTS , have you ever tried Cold Laser Therapy?????

Margie B on 8/02/04 at 12:04 (156757)

John,I have tried a form of cold laser with a machine called a 'photonic
stimulator'. Their website is http://www.cti-net.com/photonic_stim
The claim is that the use of infrared light 'promotes progressive changes in the blood flow and nerve sensitivity levesl,thereby leading to improvement of symptoms. I went to the Health Medicine Institute in Lafayette,Ca. for a week to be treated daily for foot and back pain with the photonic stimulator. I was almost pain free that week. The dr. said I would need daily treatments for awhile. We borrowed one of the machines ($3000 to buy!) and I am continuting to treat my foot twice a day. Many chiropractors have them. I am also getting physical therapy and treatments with ultrasound and iontophoresis (sp?) I am 8 mos. post-op and slowly getting better but still have pain. Anything non-invasive is worth a try I think.

Re: Cold Laser Therapy

marianne g on 8/04/04 at 14:47 (156917)

I am an OT specializing in hands & shoulders.
I use the Microlight 830nm Cold Laser & have had tremendous success with
wound healing & pain relief esp arthritis (it will not cure it but does take away much of the pain). (I am treating a sugeon with arthritis of the CMC joint and she swears by the Laser therapy).
However, I am currently treating a healthy 75 yr old male with no other ailments, non-smoker (I find smokers react slowly to LLLT & everything else), no history of alcohol dependence, diabetes and does not take any medications.
He exhibits peripheral neuropathy &/or TTS and after several treatments he has some relief. Surgical intervention is an option he is very reluctant to try.
I would be very interested in talking to anyone who has had similar laser therapy preferably with the 830nm laser.
(email removed)