Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z.

Posted by Darlene on 8/01/04 at 13:43 (156709)

I see you are working on a non working day. I very much appreciate the time that you and Dr. Ed put into this board.

I noticed your comment on the Arizona brace. Do you think it would help in my case? I have a enlarged accessory muscle in the tarsal tunnel area of one foot for sure (as per the MRI), but probably in both feet (as per my symptoms). This happened as a result of altered gait after unsuccessful ligament release surgery for morton's neuroma. This new problem is much worse than my original problem.

Would immoblizing this muscle allow it to go back to the way it was before I started walking funny? Is it possible to wear get the brace for both feet?

Thank you.

Re: Dr. Z.

Dr. Z on 8/01/04 at 14:20 (156711)

It could. The duration of the pain, previous response to treatment and more important if taping immoblization helps to any degree then a brace could help. I would use an unna boot castings with elastoplast taping both feet and see if your pain improves if they do a brace could help you. The wearing of a brace may be permanent. The key is if your problem is permament damage to the nerve- tendon- muscle. So first the unna boot taping to see if this helps

Re: Dr. Z - Question About Unna Boot

Darlene on 8/02/04 at 22:05 (156795)

Would you kindly clarify for me what the unna boot is? My nerve conduction test was negative and I've had symptoms of tts since June of this year. It looks like it's the enlarged accessory muscle due to my altered gait.

Thank you.

Re: Dr. Z - Question About Unna Boot

Dr. Z on 8/03/04 at 07:52 (156806)

This is a soft cast that reduces swelling and controls motion in the foot and ankle.

Re: Dr. Z - Where could I get the unna boot?

Darlene on 8/03/04 at 09:10 (156814)

Do you know where I would get this? Could one be worn on each foot?

Re: Dr. Z - Where could I get the unna boot?

Dr. Z on 8/03/04 at 15:54 (156843)

This is applied by the physician in his office. Just call and ask can you apply an Unna boot casting to my feet.