Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NEED RECOMM. of a DOC. for tts in CENT. FL

Posted by Geri on 8/03/04 at 15:31 (156842)

I have had TTS surgery in Tampa,Fl Nov. '03 by Dr. Dellon trained Plastic Surgeon that released me when the incisions healed. His parting words were 'when it hurts stop'!! My internist has been helping me best he can, however, he has never had a patient with this problem. I get most of my help from reading this board. I developed sciatica from a ruptured disc due to my gait for the last 2 1/2 yrs. and am getting my 3rd epidural in two weeks. Of course it's on the same side as my tts surgery. I really need to see a Doctor that has treated this condition(tts). My surgeon did 3-4 a month. I wish I knew where they all are and who their going to!! His office is reluctant to give me names of patients, nor can he recommend a followup Doctor. I'm still very limited with my walking which can cause severe pain quickly. I do get over it faster than I did before, but have resorted to my wheelchir in the house just last week from overdoing it while having my grandchildren here for a visit. I need a Doc in Tampa, Gainsville, Ocalla, Orlando area. I have many questions for a Doctor that understands tts. Thx

Re: NEED RECOMM. of a DOC. for tts in CENT. FL

Terry D. on 8/03/04 at 22:13 (156879)

Dr. Dellon has his testing center on one of his web pages. This site should help you:
http://www.sensorymanagement.com/getDoctors.php?state=Florida
Best of luck,
Terry D.

Terry D. on 8/03/04 at 22:15 (156880)

Dr. Dellon has his testing center on one of his web pages. This site should help you:
http://www.sensorymanagement.com/getDoctors.php?state=Florida
Best of luck,
Terry D.
David Halpern, MD508 South Habana Ave., Suite 300Tampa, Florida 33609 USAPhone: 813-871-5000Fax: 813-875-8406Specialty: Podiatry

Barry Tuvel, DPM9159 Southwest 87th AvenueMiami, Florida 33176 USAPhone: 305-279-2499Fax: 305-279-6647Specialty: Podiatry

Orlando Foot and Ankle ClinicDouglas Childs, DPM1523 South Orange AvenueOrlando, Florida 32806 USAPhone: 407-649-1234Fax: 407-422-6476Specialty: Podiatry

Western Communities Foot and AnkleKyle Kinmon, DPM11412 Okeecheobe Suite AWest Palm Beach, Florida 33411 USAPhone: 561-793-6170Specialty: Podiatry
Back to Map

Information About Neurosensory

Geri on 8/05/04 at 08:40 (156965)

Thanks Terry D. Dr. Halpern was my surgeon and is a plastic surgeon not a podiatrist. D. Dellon's office needs to change this info. The closest Podiatrist to me is in Orlando on this list. It is a 2 hour drive from my home, but I will give them a call and ask many questions before making an appt.

Re: Geri

Darlene on 8/05/04 at 10:04 (156973)

Hi Geri.

What does Dr. Halpern say? Are these results different from what you were told pre-surgery? Did they tell you what the cause of your tts was?

Hopefully giving it a rest by using the wheelchair will give you some relief.

Re: Geri

Geri on 8/05/04 at 15:13 (157001)

Darlene;
He only found tightly compressed nerves. Pre surgery he said it would take a long time for the nerves to regenerate but I should expect 100% recovery. Well he did not say the pain would be worse at times than before surgery!! I used a wheelchair off and on for months. Everytime I would overdo, back I would go into the wc for days or a week and use crutches when I would go out, which was only to eat. He did say at my last postop visit (2 months) I would look back at 6 months and see a big change. I did see a big change. Each month now there is change for the good. I all of a sudden notice-I could not do this 2 wks. ago!! I really want a Doctor to follow me up now who knows about tts. We are not near a major city (but 3 1/2 miles from the Gulf of Mex), which I would rather be than a major city. I have called several Podiatrist's offices and spoke to their nurses and they tell me they do not have any patients with tts. So I will contact the Drs. office in Orlando. I only had to use the wc for one day last week to get the nerve pain in the arch calmed.
Thx for your interest.