Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Wander, Dr. Ed, Dr. Z.- Bledsoe Brace

Posted by Darlene on 8/04/04 at 10:22 (156902)

May I have your opinions please.

I would like to immobilize my tarsal tunnel area due to an enlarged muscle there. I am getting some numbness in my great toe which is very disturbing. I also need to take the mechanical stress off ot my morton's neuroma. Does this sound like the right boot?

The Bledsoe EZ Set Short Term Boot (lower left) is designed for range of motion from 20 degrees of dorsi-flexion to 40 degrees of plantar-flexion in 10 degree increments.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Darlene

Re: Dr. Wander, Dr. Ed, Dr. Z.- Bledsoe Brace

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/04/04 at 15:51 (156924)

The Bledsoe Boot you are referring to has an adjustable hinge to increase or decrease range of motion. I don't think that you need to spend the additional money for an adjustable boot. You can simply purchase a Bledsoe Boot with a fixed position and this will keep your foot immobilized. Where did you plan on purchasing this boot?

Re: Dr. Wander

Darlene on 8/04/04 at 16:22 (156927)

Dr. Wander:

Is the model you are referring to called the LT (low cost) or ST (short term) boot? There is another one that is called Tenderfoot that is supposed to offload pressure from the bottom of the foot to the heel and sides of the heel/ankle. I don't know if that would be a good idea for tts.

I am in Canada, and nobody carries this product here. I could order from Bledsoe, but they do not have professionals on staff to answer questions. If you know of a good place to order from I would really appreciate it. I would like to order it tomorrow.

Thanks.

Darlene

P.S. - I have an appointment with Dr. Dellon on Tuesday.

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/04/04 at 21:14 (156953)

Darlene,

Either the low cost or LOW TOP Bledsoe boot should help. I don't think you need the hinged ankle that is on the ST boot. I would order either the LOW TOP or low cost Bledsoe boot directly from Bledsoe if you can. I would avoid other websites that promise 'discounted' prices.

Darlene on 8/04/04 at 23:08 (156955)

Thank you Dr. Wander.

They said that the Low Cost and Short Term are identical in function, but one looks a little better. Since I don't plan to be making a fashion statement with my walking boot, I think I'll go for the Low Cost.

D.