Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It passed until the Feds crack down

Posted by Pauline on 8/04/04 at 18:15 (156935)

A win for Detroit. Voters approved the use of Marijuana for medical purpose.

Re: It passed until the Feds crack down

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/06/04 at 20:44 (157113)

Pauline:
I don't think (just my guess) that the feds will not get involved. Marijuana has been shown to be useful for nausea after chemotherapy. I have read that the Israeli army is using it to treat soldiers for post-traumtic stress disorder. And... for heavens sake, why deny it to a terminally ill individual?
Ed

Pauline on 8/07/04 at 12:12 (157149)

Ah,but they already have. In California, regulated suppliers have been arrested even though it's legal for them to supply it to certain people via state law.

My nephew as I mentioned before is a doctor/attorney and flies to represent some of these people because of his interest in getting it legalized in every state. He's not the only attorney doing this, there is a large organized effort to help those who are being charged both supplier and patient.

He argued several cases here in Mich. prior this vote in Detroit. It goes to Ann Arbor next in Michigan. City by city and hopefully eventually the entire state. It's happening as we post in many cities across the U.S.

Sick people need this help.

Dr. Z on 8/07/04 at 12:56 (157153)

Sometimes our Govt loses it mind and common sense. I think we have a civil war over state's rights. Sick people need all the breaks and help they can get!!