Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel and Cold Feet

Posted by Darlene on 8/04/04 at 23:10 (156956)

Does anyone with tts also have cold feet? Could this be because the blood flow is restricted?

Re: Tarsal Tunnel and Cold Feet

Marty from SLC on 8/05/04 at 12:48 (156982)

I don't have cold feet only burning and pain.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel and Cold Feet

Geri on 8/05/04 at 15:21 (157003)

Darlene:
I answered your other questions under my post but I wanted to tell you that, not one night since I had surgery 9 1/2 months ago have I slept without socks because my feet are cold. I even wear them at home with my sandals as my feet seem cool. I have no idea why-this is one of the many questions I have for a new Doctor that knows about tts. It is so funny because prior to surgery I had my feet in a bucket of ice water several times a day for pain relief. Since surgery I do not want anything cold on my feet. A nice warm bath feels so good to my feet and legs, or a bucket of warm water. Hope this helps.

Re: Geri

Darlene on 8/05/04 at 16:06 (157011)

I am assuming that my cold feet are due to the compression in my tarsal tunnel which is also compressing the artery which supplies blood to the foot. I am going to see Dr. Dellon on Tuesday and will ask about the cold feet. If you are decompressed, perhaps with time the blood flow will improve and your feet will warm up. I too, love hot baths and hot buckets of water.

After decompression do you feel that your ankle area is less stable or looser?

Darlene

Re: Geri - A couple of More Things

Darlene on 8/05/04 at 16:17 (157013)

I may not understand surgery protocol, but can't you phone the surgeon who did your operation and ask him more questions? Or does he just release you and you are on your own? When did your doctor say that you would be 100%? I can't wait to see your post when that day comes.

Regarding our cold feet, I use Magic Bags. They are cotton bags filled with either flax seeds or brown rice. You put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes and they are toasty warm. If you can't find them you could make one. Just use some plain heavy cotton, fill it with a couple of cups of flax seeds and sew it up. Brown rice gives a moist heat which is very nice. Never leave it in the microwave too long or it will pop and burn and could even catch fire.

Darlene