Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back from my vacation

Posted by DavidW on 8/09/04 at 10:46 (157252)

Being an IT person, my job requires a lot of sitting (thank god). Last year I took a week of vacation from my job, and because of my PF pain, it was not much fun. Going back to work after a week was actually a pleasure. I did not do anything special during that week off, but the additional load on my feet just really made the time off not worth it. I really cannot stand for more than 30 minutes or so at any one time. I cancelled my 2nd week of vacation out of fear.

Well, it has been just over a year, and I have just returned to work after taking a week off. I was scared to take the time off, but felt that I really needed the mental reprieve. I have been trying all the conservative methods of treatment for PF for several months now, and figured I would give the old feet a try. I spent most of the week playing with my daughter (2-1/2), going to the pool, doing yardwork, and just hangin' around. I must say, that although I have pain and still cannot engage in activities that require too much standing, it is much better than last year. I think I finally feel that there may be hope.

Conservative methods of controlling PF pain are difficult. Making the time for conservative treatments and having extreme patience is the key. I am not sure if I have either, but am trying.

Re: Back from my vacation

Necee on 8/12/04 at 01:00 (157639)

Sounds like you had a good time on your week off David.
I agree, conservative methods of controlling PF are difficult, but much better than the alternative.
Good luck as you return to work and hope you continue to improve.

Necee