Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Soft Spots?

Posted by Kathy in Ky on 8/09/04 at 11:30 (157254)

Can anyone recommend Soft Spots? I'm looking for something else to wear for teaching instead of tennis shoes. Thanks!

Re: Soft Spots?

Richard, C.Ped on 8/10/04 at 14:01 (157399)

I have had people ask me about Soft Spots, but I don't know much about them. The people who like them are set on them though. They must be pretty good.

Suzanne D. on 8/11/04 at 06:18 (157485)

I have never worn Soft Spots, Kathy, but the pictures I have seen of them on the internet look very much like the SAS shoes which I have often worn to school. Ny lace-up SAS shoes with SuperFeet inserts were very helpful to me for several months during my recuperation from PF. Now I mostly wear them if I am going for a long walk outdoors. In the past, I tried on some different athletic shoes, but none of them worked as well for me as the SAS. If Soft Spots feel like SAS shoes, then they might be a good choice for you!

Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 8/12/04 at 08:45 (157659)

Kathy,

Years ago, pre-foot problems, I wore Soft Spots. They were comfortable and stylish. There was one called the 'Venus,' I believe, that I had in a couple of colors.

Since PF, I find that they hurt and don't offer the support I need, nor do they allow for the insertion of an orthotic.

I'd recommend trying some on before ordering them, if you're ordering them from a catalog. Otherwise, buy them someplace where you can return them if you've worn them around the house on carpeting and don't find them to be comfortable.

They have a few styles that look exactly like SAS's and when I first saw the SAS, I thought they might be made by the same company but they're not. They're also less expensive than SAS's!

Good luck! :)

Kathy in Ky on 8/13/04 at 07:12 (157742)

Thanks to all you replied. I miss the days of wearing 'regular' shoes!