Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

went to pods today to see what he thought after 1.5 years since surgery

Posted by Marty in SLC on 8/09/04 at 20:57 (157327)

Well I went to my pod today to give him the run down on where I'm at. He thinks I've possibly got some sort of neuropathy going on other then TTS. With the outer part of my thigh going numb and tingling said it could be the sciatic nerve involved. We talk about the other foot some, the one that had surgery but felt it was best to leave things along with it since it seems to slowly be getting better. (1.5 years since I had the PF and TTS surgery) He talked about his training by none other then Dr Dellon.

Here's what I like, he asked me if I would like to try his 'light' anodyne machine for FREE!!! wants me to just stop by after work 3 days a week to give it a go. Why not ! It seems to help for those with diabetic neuropathy and he wants to see if it makes any difference for those with neuropathy problems in general.

Any thoughts?

Marty

Re: went to pods today to see what he thought after 1.5 years since surgery

Dorothy on 8/10/04 at 03:17 (157352)

Marty -

You may recall that I've posted quite a number of times about studies I've read about indicating that this anodyne light therapy is effective in some, but not all, diabetic/peripheral neuropathy cases. This sounds like a great opportunity for you to find out if it helps you. Why not??!!

Second, with the recent discussion about alpha lipoic acid here, you might want to do a search on google (enter 'alpha lipoic acid') and read some of the many sources on ALA (alpha lipoic acid) and diabetic neuropathy. They range from Berkely to Mayo Clinic to Wake Forest U. Med Center to many alternative sites as well. You might find this very interesting information.

Good Luck.

Dr. Z on 8/10/04 at 12:01 (157382)

Try it.

Marty from SLC on 8/10/04 at 12:26 (157384)

Dorthy,

Do you know if this ALA work only for diabetics??? I'm not diabetic.

Marty

Marty from SLC on 8/10/04 at 12:33 (157385)

Will do, thanks Dr Z. You told me months ago that I have some sort of nerve thing going on. Right again.

My pod could belive the fact that when I touch the top of my arc between the first ray and second that I get a strong buzzing sensation in ball of my foot on the (second ray high traffic area)if you know what i mean. That's when we got into Dr Dellon views of inpingment.

Anyone have any thoughts on the lower back causing TTS symtoms???
Is there a way to test that to see if the inpingment is before the ankle??

Marty

Re: Sciatic Nerve treatment

Marty from SLC on 8/10/04 at 12:53 (157390)

Anyone know of a good place to go for this??? I'm thinking I need to get this cleared and then see if I still have the TTS symtoms.

lauriel on 8/10/04 at 13:29 (157392)

marty have you tried chripractic care? I swear by it, and I really started doing mild pilates excerices and hamstring stretches and my feet feel better.
Ihave read somewhere if your back is out of allignment or pinched nerve,etc, it cause you to change your gait, therefore causing problems like TTS. and vice versa, like I am overpronated so not having my feet properly alligned causes back problems.

hope you have some relief with that light therapy.

And I went to an accupuncturist a few weeks ago for my PF and he did sime electrical [ >tment. my feet feel pretty darn good right now

laurie

Marty from SLC on 8/10/04 at 14:27 (157404)

lauriel,

yes i have tried a chiropractor and he said my hips were out like an inch. unfortunately he was a crook and after 2 visits he eat up all my benefits for the whole year. :( he did align me feet bones, hips and neck and to tell you the truth i felt really good for a while after that. I'm really hesitant to go to another now (it was a really bad nightmare). I get new chiropractic coverage at the beginning of the year so I think I will give it a go then.

Marty

lauriel on 8/10/04 at 15:16 (157414)

just remember, there are always good Dr and bad ones as most of us have learned from first hand experience.

laurie

Cyndi on 8/10/04 at 19:30 (157451)

Marty,

Have you had a nerve conduction test where they use the electrodes on your back, legs and feet?
I am to have another one, the first one was negative in February, but, it sure feels like nerves, the lightning- tingeling - alive feeling in the soles of my feet (mostly arch area). We have ruled about everything else out. Thanks for your thought on checking out neuropathy for me. It sure sounds feasiable but I am also not Diabetic, I also had a Glucose test.

Dorothy on 8/10/04 at 23:54 (157472)

I don't really know for sure, Marty. Have you done some of the google searches for information on this? It takes time but it might be interesting for you; likewise on the anodyne light therapy. There's a lot of useful information out there - if you're willing to do a little wading.

Terry L on 8/11/04 at 00:43 (157475)

Marty, I did try anodyne but it didn't do a thing for me and that was a decision made by my PY and the gal that brought it to PT although I do had RSD, PF and past TTS surgery but you never know it may help you I also got it free so why not try. My husband got rid of his sciatic problem going to a very good massage therapist, it took some time but its gone and hasn't returned. Good luck I hope it works.
Terry

Marty from SLC on 8/11/04 at 10:28 (157511)

Cyndi,

I think I'm heading down that road tonight. I have an appointment with the neurologist to talk about possibilities. Pod wants to rule out more things.

As far as you having neuropathy you don't have to be diabetic, there over 100 known causes. You need to have your b-12 checked if you think you might have neuropathy but if it's just your heels and arch area that sure sounds like TTS/PF to me.

Marty from SLC on 8/11/04 at 10:29 (157512)

I have started to but it seems most of the sites are just selling. Will keep looking.

Marty from SLC on 8/11/04 at 10:33 (157513)

Thanks Terry, I need to look into it I guess but right now I think I'm of insurance money for the year. That's for chiropractors but maybe I have some for PT.

thanks for input,

Marty