Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT

Posted by ERO on 8/09/04 at 21:43 (157334)

I HAD THE SHOCK WAVE THERAPY 5 WEEKS AGO. WOW AM I PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS. I HAD BOTH FEET DONE AT THE SAME TIME. I WAS IN HORRIFIC PAIN AND CAN NOW WALK IN MY BIRKS. IN THE MORNING I STILL FEEL A BIT OF TIGHTNESS BUT AFTER A FEW MINUTES OF WALKING AROUND AND STRETCHING THE FEET I AM FINE. AT THE END OF THE DAY THERE MAY BE SOME SLIGHT SORENESS. BUT COMPARED TO WHERE I STARTED THIS IS NOTHING. IT WILL BE A WHILE SINCE I HAD BOTH FEET DONE BUT IF I HAVE COME THIS FAR IN 5 WEEKS IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER. I HOPE FOR ANYONE OUT THERE THINKING OF DOING THIS YOU SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER IT. MY THERAPY WAS DONE BY MY PODIATRIST. IT TOOK ABOUT 1 1/2 HRS. IN TOTAL TO DO BOTH FEET AND I WAS AWAKE. A LITTLE BIT OF DISCOMFORT DURING THE PROCEDURE BUT IT DID NOT LAST LONG AT ALL. ALL I TOOK THE FIRST WEEK WAS XTRA STRENGTH TYLENOL. YES, THE FIRST WEEK WAS ROUGH. I WOULD SAY VERY PAINFUL. BUT BY THE 2ND WEEK I WAS AMAZED AT THE IMPROVEMENT I FELT IN MY FEET. GOOD LUCK!!!

Re: ESWT

Dr. Z on 8/10/04 at 12:02 (157383)

What type of machine was used?