Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fabulous shoes......

Posted by Rose on 8/10/04 at 11:48 (157376)

I have had bad PF for years and had surgery a year ago. I am still in pain much of the time. I could not walk far or never stand in one spot more than just a very few minutes. I have had a variety of shoes. For the past year I have had the NB 1122, which were very good I thought until one week ago I went to an orthopedic shoe store, talked to the owner for at least an hour, and ended up purchasing the Brooks. Wow, the differnece is remarkable!!!!! I have been wearing them a week now with my custom orthodics, which I have had about 3 years. My feet have never felt so good. The difference is unreal. They do not bend much at all...very stiff...almost like casts...very good support...and I can walk so much further. They come in all white or all black...athletic style. I want to encourage anybody out there who is still searching for a good shoe to try that. The Drew orthopedic shoes are good too. I also bought a pair for dressier occasions in black swede. I know we are all different, but if you are still searching for a shoe ...you might want to check this out. I also really recommend the shoe repair/orthodic shoe little stores. This one is just a very small place I had never noticed. The people who work there are extremely knowledgable. They make orthodics on site using the casting method with a doctor's prescription. They will only do it with a doctor's prescription.

Re: Fabulous shoes......

Richard, C.Ped on 8/10/04 at 12:51 (157389)

I love Brooks shoes. The lower cost Brooks tend to bend in the middle and I stay away from those. I wear the Vantage and love them.

Yes...visit your small local pedorthic store...especially the one on Lake Murray Blvd. in Columbia South Carolina.....hee hee

Rose on 8/10/04 at 18:54 (157439)

Did you know we have one on Lake Marray Blvd that is in San Diego?

Richard, C.Ped on 8/11/04 at 09:22 (157497)

haha weird.

Dee C on 8/11/04 at 13:47 (157561)

I used to always wear Brooks when I was a runner many years ago and loved them. Would love to know if 'Wow' is the real name of the Brooks shoe. I looked on a lot of websites and couldn't find the 'Wow' model. Is that really the name, Rose? Thanks in advance.

Nick, C.Ped on 8/11/04 at 17:49 (157592)

Rose,
Its all part of richard's little ploy to take over the world! lol

Richard, C.Ped on 8/12/04 at 09:52 (157669)

MMMMUUUUUUUWWWWAAAAHHHHAAAAAA
Excellent!

Dee C on 8/16/04 at 13:33 (158107)

I must have sounded stupid! I just noticed the 'Wow' was in your next sentence!! Anyway, Rose, what Brooks model did you get that you liked to much?

Rose on 8/16/04 at 18:41 (158169)

Not sure. It was in an orthopedic shoe store. All white or all black...roll bar etc. I also bought a pair of Drew orthopedic sh oes and wow what a difference. They are worth every penny

Dee C on 8/17/04 at 13:23 (158259)

I know the Foot Solutions store has Drew but I will have to check if they have Brooks. But Brooks must be somewhere else. Thanks for your response. I know Foot Solutions gives a lot of service but the shoes are so expensive!! What store do you get your shoes from? Had my op 2 and a half mos. ago. and am finding the 'shoe hunt' not so fun!

Richard, C.Ped on 8/17/04 at 13:28 (158261)

Beware the Foot Solutions and Good Feet/Foot FX store franchise. Just because one is a pedorthist does not mean they know what they are doing.

Dee C on 8/17/04 at 16:30 (158275)

Thanks for warning. Do you know of any place in So. Cal. that is a good place to go? (LA area)

Richard, C.Ped on 8/18/04 at 12:28 (158337)

Not really...I am all the way on the other side of the country. Try this link to find a pedorthist in your area. Do not go with the first one you talk to. Ask around.
http://67.94.103.35/bcp_search.htm

Dee C on 8/19/04 at 18:06 (158434)

Thanks, Richard!

Rose on 8/20/04 at 12:11 (158464)

I went to a small shoe store that sells Brooks, orthopedic shoes and does custom orthodics with a doctor's prescription. Yes, they cost a lot, but the comfort was worth it. I did find the same shoes on the internet for much less on sale. So it might be wise to go to a store, try them on and then look on the internet under orthopedic shoes or Brooks if they feel good on your feet.

Rose on 8/20/04 at 12:13 (158465)

I tried this link and the small shoe repair tstore i found just a few miles away was actually listed here. I am thinking about getting a perwcription and getting new orthodics, since I have the old ones before the surgery. What do you think? Should I go for new orthodics? One does hurt a lot.

Karen G on 9/13/04 at 06:04 (159806)

hi rose do you no if i can get the shoes from the internet..karen