Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Great shoes following surgery...

Posted by Rose on 8/10/04 at 11:49 (157377)

Posted by Rose on 8/10/04 at 11:48 View Thread
I have had bad PF for years and had surgery a year ago. I am still in pain much of the time. I could not walk far or never stand in one spot more than just a very few minutes. I have had a variety of shoes. For the past year I have had the NB 1122, which were very good I thought until one week ago I went to an orthopedic shoe store, talked to the owner for at least an hour, and ended up purchasing the Brooks. Wow, the differnece is remarkable!!!!! I have been wearing them a week now with my custom orthodics, which I have had about 3 years. My feet have never felt so good. The difference is unreal. They do not bend much at all...very stiff...almost like casts...very good support...and I can walk so much further. They come in all white or all black...athletic style. I want to encourage anybody out there who is still searching for a good shoe to try that. The Drew orthopedic shoes are good too. I also bought a pair for dressier occasions in black swede. I know we are all different, but if you are still searching for a shoe ...you might want to check this out. I also really recommend the shoe repair/orthodic shoe little stores. This one is just a very small place I had never noticed. The people who work there are extremely knowledgable. They make orthodics on site using the casting method with a doctor's prescription. They will only do it with a doctor's prescription.

Re: Great shoes following surgery...

Pauline on 8/10/04 at 15:18 (157415)

What you may have purchased in your new Brooks was a shoe that has a roll bar for stability and a shoe that was built with very dense sole material
to provide support and less flexibility

Many brands can provide this same or a similar level of support. The trick if finding a brand that fits your particular needs and give you comfort. Often times this can be helped by having an experienced sales person in a specialized store as you mentioned and it's well worth the added expense of this service.

Now that you've found comfort you can always purchase a second pair to have on hand when your Brooks begin to wear. By the time, this happens chances are newer models have come out and since all shoes seem to fit a little different you're on the hunt again for that comfort zone.

Give your new shoes a little time and if you really like them you might really consider buying a second pair to keep in reserve or to switch back and forth.

The main thing is that you found a shoe that provides you with comfort. This was no small task to accomplish. Pat yourself on the back for being successful.

Rose on 8/10/04 at 18:53 (157437)

april l on 8/11/04 at 21:05 (157621)

Rose, are they very expensive? I just bought New Balance 810 for work and I'm anxious to try them out.

Re: april...

maria on 8/13/04 at 11:37 (157755)

thare are not shoes big enough to fit your very fat feet lose 200 pd then maby