Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Marty in SLC

Posted by Terri on 8/10/04 at 19:28 (157450)

Marty, I didn't want to continue posting under Eric's string.

You asked:

Why did you quit the Neurontin?
Well, it got to the point where I couldn't remember things and it was affecting my job. I was told you'd build up a tolerance eventually but I never did. Felt higher than a kite all the time on even low dosages. My boss finally told me I was on thin ice due to my lack of performance on the job. I came home and thought about that one weekend, trying to figure out when my attitude started to change and read up on the side-effects of Neurontin. I went off of it and within a week my boss was just amazed, me too! Got my spirit back. Unfortunately, I'm now in pain again and the cramps are back big time. Up 2 - 4 times a night with those.

Also, you asked how did my dr know an incomplete release was done?
He determined that after getting an MRI done, a full exam and knowing my previous dr's handiwork due to repairing his work on several other patients. He stated that the location of my incision wouldn't allow the tarsal area to have been worked on properly.