Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Weakness in ankle

Posted by Janice N on 8/12/04 at 06:32 (157650)

The foot I had the ESWT is becoming very painful again. The last few days I noticed my ankle is very weak. I have to be careful each step I take for fear of twisting it or falling. I haven't been well enough to get to my podiatrist but need to I know. Last week I was standing on it for a longer period of time and it is rally flaired up. I got another Medicare statement saying the ESWT is not covered. The code you posted is the one they used. I don't know what I am going to do. The back of my heel is so painful. I think I could almost tolerate the bottom of the heel pain if the Achilles tendonitis and bone spur at the back of my heel wasn't such a problem. There is a huge area of bone growth at the back of my heel. It looks like I have two totally different heels. I am just so limited on funds to try different things. This on top of joint pain is pretty hard to deal with. I almost feel like my foot needs to be imobilized. I am going to get someone to pick up an ace bandage at the store for me today and borrow a cane until I get to the dr. And pray I don't hit the ground. I just don't know what to do. And I sure don't want to have surgery. I think the only way I am still walking is my diabetic shoes feel so good.