Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by lilly on 8/14/04 at 21:05 (157907)

How long on the medicine did it take for you to notice relief for those of you that have found success with it? Also, is there a 'common' dosage? thanks.

Re: neurontin

Kitty on 8/15/04 at 09:46 (157955)

Out of curiousity what symptoms does this give relief to?

Re: neurontin

marie on 8/15/04 at 17:47 (158012)

Neurontin is also known as Gabapentin. Originally it was approved and used for the treatment of epilepsy. It has been perscribed for several other conditions related to nerve conditionans and was aprooved by the FDA for treatment of nerve damage last spring. It has side affects but they are few.
It really helped reduce my muscle tightness and twitching and helped with the pain. Basically it helps the nerves make a better connection. Which is what we want since our nerves are entrapped. I started on 100 mg. 3x a day. It took about 10 for me to adjust. It's kinda like having a few too many drinks. After a couple days you begin to adjust. I had some headaches when I first started but it helped my feet so much I just dealt with it. One must slowly increase the dosage. I take 300mg 3x a day now. I have absolutely no problems at all with it...well just remembering to take it. It allowed enough relief for me to continue stretching and exercising. Recovery doesn't come easy with tts. It's like having a part time job. You really have to work at it. I cut out everything.....all comittments to work on recovery. I continued to work but simplified my lifestyle.....not easy being a wife, mom, teacher, sibling, friend and an artist. You'll find Dr. Ed and Dr. Z to be very knowledgable about tts. They're reeeeeaaaalllly good. :)! They can really best answer your questions. All I can do is share my experience and we're not all the same.

This is a link to information on the medication itself. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a694007.html

best wishes marie