Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain patch

Posted by darie on 8/15/04 at 10:11 (157957)

My Korean friends shared with me a type of ibuprophen pain patch that is available in Asian food stores. For about $6 you can get a package of ten that look like band-aids that last 6 hours. I cannot tell you how good this felt as I have been suffering from a heel spur for the last three months. It is healing ever so slowly, but I can see that it is not as bad as it was. There are many of these products on sale. The one I bought is blue and has pictures of a patient with various ailments such as knee, neck, and back pain. I researched this through Seattle contacts to know what I was before I tried this. It is apparently ok's for sale in the US by the FDA; however, the pack has no English language on it. This is similar to the use of creams that avoid the digestive system in the process of ingesting the ibuprophen. Suggest you not use any oral ones when using the patch as you can get too much of this, which can damage the liver. Darie

Re: pain patch

Janice N on 8/15/04 at 17:51 (158014)

Never heard of it before. I see where you can buy the topical cream. I will look into it and give it a try.
Thanks for sharing that with us. I crushed up a Motrin one time in some cream and used it. But a patch that last six hrs might be good.