Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Strength Training

Posted by john h on 8/16/04 at 10:13 (158073)

David: It seems that strenght training is even more highly recommened for seniors (over 50-sorry folks) than aerobic training. We have a senior center at our University Hospital locally and they do periodic TV shows and they say all medical evidence points to strength training over aerobics except in such cases as heart or some other special disease. You will certainly be a manly man David if you look like those guys or even those girls I see on TV with the boflex.

girly guy in little rock

Re: Strength Training

Marty from SLC on 8/16/04 at 10:34 (158076)

I watched a show the other day on this too and they said that the main 2 ingredients to be able to stay active into your seventies are: flexibility and strength.

Dorothy on 8/16/04 at 11:48 (158086)

No, mountain-climbing,cat-saving, airplane-flying, lawn-mowing in Birkenstocks wonder-man!

From,
Not a Senior, no matter what you say! A sophomore, maybe.

Rose on 8/16/04 at 18:26 (158161)

I go to a senior class and there is lots of strength training. Excellent class. It is through adult education, which is free to seniors. The teachers are highly educated haveing teaching credentials and many hours in fitness classes.

Rose on 8/16/04 at 18:28 (158162)

I do water aerobics for the cardio. I stay in the deep water and tread water and do the moves. I am now up to treading for 30 mnutes easily. very cardio vascular with no impact on these sore feet