Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nerostimulation for tts and pf

Posted by James C. on 8/17/04 at 21:44 (158290)

I was wondering if any one has had a medtronic nuerostimulater installed for their pain and what kind of results they had with it.It is similar to a tenns unit as it works with electrical stimulation but it is put directly on the nerves in your back and then is permantly installed in your back if the trial period shows some relief. There is a web sight at medtronics .com if anyone is interested.I have tried tts release, ESWT,pf release, cortizone, insoles,methadone,and several other cosevative measuresand nothing has helped. Please help with any information as my Dr. is wanting to do this around the first of Sept.

Re: nerostimulation for tts and pf

Claire on 8/18/04 at 04:21 (158304)

Hi James. Unfortunately i can't help you with any further information but I've always wondered if this may be appropriate for nerve pain. Has your doctor indicated it is? Has it helped others do you know? Thanks.

Darlene on 8/18/04 at 10:24 (158325)

James:

Did they tell you the reason why the tt release didn't work? Did they find the reason for your tts? I have heard that Dr. Dellon does 3 or 4 releases in his surgeries. Could they have missed part of the entrapment? I am asking because a proper release should preserve your nerves rather than just masking the pain.

Darlene

lauriel on 8/18/04 at 10:41 (158327)

I had TTS surgery 12/02 and just stared feeling 100% from that a few months ago. I now have PF. I have it mild to moderate, I just went for treatment to an accupuncturist who uses some weird electrical machine, it is not tens, I go back for another treatment tomorrow and I will find out what is it is, it sure has helped.

laurie

James C. on 8/18/04 at 21:35 (158374)

Thank you for sending a response I have been told that during the tts surgery they completely removed the tendon from my ankle to my heel. So there should be no entrapment of any kind for the nerves. I am still having as much pain now as before the surgery. I don't think anyone can diagnose my problem. I have had diagnoses of pf, tts, periphial nueropathy, tibial nerve-damage... and i have been treated for all of these and nothing has worked. Maybe this nuerostimulation will work. Wish me luck!! Thanks alot And may God Bless You all!!

Claire on 8/19/04 at 03:30 (158387)

Good luck James. I know exaclty how you feel. Please let us know how it works out for you, i hope it all comes good. Take Care.

Henry C on 9/03/04 at 07:33 (159209)

James,

I have a medtronic nuerostimulater implanted in my leg for TTS. I would strongly sugest that you investigate this option. The electrode is connected directly to the damaged nerve.

To see all the details relating to the nuerostimulater, do a search for Henry C. I wish you the best of luck!

James C. on 10/10/04 at 19:07 (161259)

Henry C
I currently have the temp stimulater in my spine.I did not know about your procedure until after I did this .It is not succesful for me as the doctor put it in my back and the nerves that he is stimulating go allthe way down my leg to my feet. The only problem with this is that by the time the stimulation getsto my feet it is too weak.My dr did not even mention putting this in my foot or leg possibly because it is both feet.If you would would younplease send me the drs. name and address as wellas the phone # so I can give him a call.A.S.A.P. I am having the temporary one removed on 10/13/2004.I would like some of this info so Iccould tell my dr.I would also like the Medtronic assistant you talked to soI could have him or her to talk to my medtronic tech.Please help as I have about gone crazy with my feet.Thanks and may God bless you and your family.