Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Saw the Ortho today

Posted by Pauline on 8/19/04 at 20:00 (158438)

Well it's been a month since my bug killing injury and I'm happy to report I'm well on the road to recovery. I've been using Dr. Reynolds Jade Cream on my well bruised leg and my Ortho was surprised to see how nicely it's clearing.

I asked about going back to the gym and he said not yet. It will be about 5 months to fully regain full strength in the muscle that I tore.

I contacted Mike from 'the foot trainer' since I own two of them and he sent me some additional exercises to use with them for my leg and ankle.
He certainly is a very nice person and I'm not sorry I purchased his product.

My leg muscles in the injured area have tightened so I keep using the foot trainers along with some other exercises recommend by the doctor to once again stretch the muscle. Right now I seem to be at an inbetween place. I need to stretch, but I still have a weak and torn muscle that needs to be protected. Slow and easy is still the course that has been set forth.

Re: Saw the Ortho today

Dr. Z on 8/19/04 at 22:50 (158442)

Pauline,
What muscle did you tear?

Julie on 8/20/04 at 03:07 (158449)

Pauline

I'm very glad to hear that you're healing. Slow and easy is always the best course - keep it up and keep smiling. It's good that you're using the Foot Trainer. Once the muscles are back to strength it will be relatively easy to undo the shortening effects of inactivity.

Dr. Z on 8/29/04 at 11:06 (158912)

Pauline,
I was just looking at this posts. Did you miss this one. Reallly would be interesed. Thanks

Pauline on 8/29/04 at 11:33 (158914)

Dr. Z,
Guess I did miss it, but my response is the same.

Dr. Z on 8/29/04 at 11:54 (158916)

Dr. Z
I ask a simple question and you try to insult me. Why do you come to this board. We are talking about a simple tendon/muscle. What is up with you ?

Pauline on 8/29/04 at 12:26 (158919)

Dr. Z,
My simple problem is being taken care of by another physician. If that is insulting to you I'm sorry. It appears to me that you are baiting an arguement, please find it with someone else.

Scott said stay away from Dr. Z's posts. I'm trying to do that as I said in one of my last posts lets move on.

Dr. Z on 8/29/04 at 15:31 (158924)

Pauline,

Your treatment by another Physician isn't what is insulting it's your response to a simple question. See below

Dr. Z,
Guess I did miss it, but my response is the same.

All I asked was a simple question What muscle did your tear. Baiting . What are you talking about.
I think you should stay off the ask the doctor sites, or the ESWT, cause that is where I post and that is my expertise. You can have the rest of the board.

Pauline on 8/29/04 at 19:31 (158936)

I'm sorry your wrong again Dr. Z. My first post on both topics was on the 'Social Board' and you responded to them there. I didn't invade your space.

Dr. Z on 8/29/04 at 21:11 (158939)

Pauline,

No what I am asking is that you stay off the ask the doctor and the ESWT because that is where I will be only posting in the future. You can have the rest of the board. This way we won't cross paths because you won't be poster where I post period, simple.