Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Neurontin help with burning, tingling or pain itself?

Posted by Jason Pollizzi on 8/22/04 at 10:20 (158533)

For those of you who have neurontin, is it used for help with treating the burning, tingling associted with tts? Or can it be used for just pain only as the only factor? with no numbness or tingling?

Re: Neurontin help with burning, tingling or pain itself?

mary l on 8/22/04 at 22:56 (158570)

For me Neurontin seems to help with both the pain and burning. I am taking 600mg 2-3 times a day.

Re: before and after neurontin comparison.

Buck on 8/23/04 at 10:26 (158581)

My pain ranges from a 2 - 4 most days and I am currently on no medications other than a water pill.

Where were you before the neuronting and were are you after?

mary l on 8/23/04 at 20:49 (158596)

I started taking Neurontin before surgery. I found that if I missed my dose in the morning that by early afternoon I had pain and burning. I started taking the Neurontin again after about a month and 1/2 after surgery at my request to the MD. I take 600mg in the am, 300mg in the afternoon if needed and 600mg at night with 50mg of Trazadone. I have no side effects. You needed to work up slowly to the dosage that works the best for you. Right now I am breaking in some new orthotics so my pain has been higher. Good luck with the Neurontin, it has really helped me.

Mike on 8/23/04 at 23:17 (158603)

I took up to 2400mg of Neurontin for over a year and had no side effects but no effect on pain either. Did absolutely nothing for me.