Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Davis, or Wander Please DPM Post tibial Nerve pain neuritis/entrapment/compression

Posted by John Martello on 8/22/04 at 10:25 (158534)

Dear Doctor,

Can post tib neuritis present itself as just pain alone? Or does nerve pain have to be associated with numbness , burning tingling?

Is it possible to have nerve pain with no numbness, burning or tingling? as in the post tib nerve?

Also what is tibial neuritis as my foot doc has given me this dignosis as well as FHL Tenosyonvitis?
Thanks

Re: Dr Davis, or Wander Please DPM Post tibial Nerve pain neuritis/entrapment/compression

Dr.David Wander on 8/22/04 at 10:47 (158536)

John,

Nerve symptoms can present many ways as you've mentioned. Burning, pain, numbness, weakness, tingling, shooting pains can all be associated with nerve problems. Yes, you can simply have pain, without other symtpoms. Tibial neuritis is simply inflammation of the tibial nerve. The nerve and FHL (as well as the flexor digitorum longus and blood vessels) are all contained within the tarsal tunnel. John, you've been posting on this site a lot regarding your FHL tenosynovitis and now your doctor mentions 'tibial neuritis'. I would be asking your doctor a lot of questions to determine why this new diagnosis was added and what his/her treatment recommendations would be. Additionally, you must attempt to find the cause of the problem.