Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

a month of test now

Posted by Marty from SLC on 8/25/04 at 15:58 (158689)

Well after a month of tests including mri's of the brain, neck and spine and a glucose test another ncv and a emg the neurologist looked at my b12 level and said it was on the low side, It's like 290. I have asked him about it before but he didn't think anything of it. I've had TTS and PF surgery and have read many who have had it only find it didn't help. Would it be ironic that after all the tests over the years it turn out to be my b12. I' m going back in for a b12, b6, folate, vit e and thiamine test next week. I told the doctor Ive been taking a b12 supplement for a month now and he wants to see if it shows up. I'm taking Vitamin B-12 (AS METHYLCOBALAMIN) 1 Mg a day.

He told me that my nvc test have improved from the one I had done 1.5 years ago before my TTS surgery and he wanted to know what changes I have made in the past 1.5 years. I told him 3 things, I'm doing Anodyne light therapy 3 days a week at the pods, taking b complex and I got new orthodics, so basically he wants to see with the new tests if my b12 and b6 have gone up. I guess it could be the light therapy but I'm not sure if that would show up in a ncv and I didn't ask him. I'm also thinking about trying the rebuilder to see if that helps but at this point I'm not sure.

To early to tell but I could of spent a chunk of cash on TFM and and ended up with aggravated neuropathy.

Marty

Re: a month of test now

Cyndi on 8/25/04 at 21:50 (158709)

Marty, I guess your tests showed nothing negative, Keep on with the B-12 and I also will look into that. Would it cause tingling electric buzzes in my feet. I kinda feel like I am still wearing my Tens Device even though I am not using it, I wonder if it could it have caused these feelings? I have also been taking MSM and my fingernails are growing like mad but no difference in my feet.

Marty from SLC on 8/26/04 at 12:06 (158733)

Cyndi,

What is MSM?

It's a really good idea to take a b12 complex with nerve pain! If your going to get it make sure it's the B-12 Methylcobalamin from and that it's a multi complex. Folic acid, b-6 b-12 at least.

Cyndi on 8/27/04 at 11:42 (158806)

Here is a web-site for MSM or just do a search for it
Methysulfonylmethane( see why we just call it MSM)

http://www.msm.com/

My son -in-law said the real good stuff does not float in water and I got mine at Wal-mart . It floats but he is getting me some off the web-site and I will try it.

Some of MSM's essential functions in the body include maintaining the structure of the proteins in the body, helping the formation of keratin which is essential for hair and nail growth, aiding in the production of immunoglobulin which maintains the immune system, and catalyzing the chemical reactions which change food into energy.

These functions often result in the following occurrences:

Inhibition of pain impulses along nerve fibers (analgesia)
Lessening of inflammation
Increase in blood supply
Reduction of muscle spasm
Softening of scar tissue