Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

confused about after surgery care

Posted by missvicki on 8/25/04 at 18:36 (158698)

I had a heel spur resection on Friday Aug 13th. I was sent home with bandaging (gauze & ace) and told minimal weight bearing. Mon.,Aug 16th return to Docs for checkup and was told to put weight on foot as I felt comfortable. Today, Aug. 25th I had the 6 stitches removed. I walked into Dr.'s with no crutches and in my own shoes. Again leaving with orders to walk on my foot as I felt comfortable but to take it easy. He implied that I may be overdoing, but not overly concerned. I read where others have had to stay off their foot for weeks after surgery. Tonight I am in pain from, yes, overdoing. Is my treatment normal? I do go back to docs in two weeks for another follow up. Nothing has been said about post op PT. Thanks Vicki

Re: confused about after surgery care

Dr. Z on 8/25/04 at 20:28 (158700)

Hi
Very difficult to determine your post-surgical care without seeing you and knowing exactly what you had done. It is very important to speak with your doctor NOW and not two weeks from now. I am going to be right to the point as Dr. Phil would say. You know you are doing something wrong ie overdoing it